Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Greetings, Just installed Cura 4.4, when starting a print on my Untimaker 2+ it ejects material for several seconds, then drops the nozzle right into the pile of material it ejected and then drags this blob over the bed and starting printing. The big blob is wound around the nozzle and make a mess of everything. Cura 4.3 didn't do this - what gives. Theron
  2. What am I doing wrong with my brim settings? It's like the extruder is only putting out 10% on the brim, but prints the model OK. See attached photo.
  3. OK, haven't used the printer for about 6 weeks. Turned it on, and started a large print of a 4 x 7 inch box. Starts OK, prints brim and then starts the first layer, but never finishes the first layer. At some point it simply stops, like it had a power outage. It is plugged into a power backup supply and this continues to provide power when you unplug it. This has happened three times in a row. Even tried changing the power plug, no different. Also, print head does not go to default position when it is turned on. Any suggestions or things I should try? I just switched to Cura 3.6.0
  4. Of course, why didn't I think of that. Brim exceeds the size. Let's face it I'm just getting old. ? Thanks, Theron
  5. My Ultimaker 2+ has a build volume of 223 x 223 x 205 mm. My print is 203.2 x 203.2 x 196.85 mm. My Cura 3.4.1 will not accept this build volume. If I scale it down to 92 % it works. What am I doing wrong? Screen shot attached. Thanks, Theron
  6. I'm printing a small picture frame. The brim goes on the outside edge, bu there is a big opening in the middle where I'm having problems with the edges coming up as it prints. First layer looks OK, but after several layers the inside edge starts to com up in places. Is it possible to get a brim on this inside opening? Thanks, Theron
  7. Great work, thank you. Would love to see this as a pdf.
  8. OK, let’s see if I’ve got this straight. I bought an Ultimaker 2+ for $2,500., which has one of the best reviews out there. In addition, I bought the maintenance kit and the advanced printing kit., the later of which is useless. The person who came up with the idea of using that plastic sheet in the advanced kit with ABS should be required to use it with an ABS print about 8 centimeters square that takes 8 days to build. If he cannot remove the print without damage he should be dismissed from his job. I’m only getting started. So to print ABS you really need a complete enclosure fo
  9. Geert - are you from the Netherlands" All four of my grandparents were born there. This is a great idea and why didn't I think of it. Thank you so much. Theron Wierenga theron@wierengaconsulting.com
  10. OK, I was home and did not notice an outage, but I guess that's the best answer. Next question. This box has a window in it that needs support. Everywhere else it should be OK without support. Is there a way to place support in just one area? Thanks, Theron
  11. Why ABS, for strength. This is an underwater housing and needs to go down to 50 feet. The support is needed for the window in the front, otherwise I'd skip- it. I felt that my main problem was that I needed an enclosure. So I built one and Nuts & Volts magazine will publish my results. Second try was started Jan. 18, 2018 at 3 p.m. Print continued OK, although lots of support garbage hanging all over. Ultimaker was in enclosure, with temperature at the top at 59C.I read somewhere not to go over 140F. which is 60C. After nearly five full days of printing and no majo
  12. Here's my image (hope I uploaded it correctly). The pieces at the bottom are support for the large holes and I found them laying outside the model one morning as it was printing.
  13. OK, newbie here, using my new Ultimaker 2+. I printed a few small things successfully using PLA and the default settings in Cura 2.7.0 for PLA. Didn't change anything in Cura, just went with .4 nozzle and PLA. Next made a big jump to ABS, a 5.5 x 5.5 inch box with .25 inch walls and 4.25 inches high. Read all about adhesion and I have the advanced 3D printing kit so put down a sheet of their plastic for better adhesion. I did not enclose the printer with a cardboard box, or custom unit, but will do this next time. Well now that I look at Cura I note that nozzle for ABS default is .8mm and I
  • Create New...