Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

livingfractal

Member
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by livingfractal

  1. Okay. They came out great!

     

    no warping. No caving. Perfect extrusion. 

     

    Ill add photos after some exams. I’m leaving them in the lab for other students to look at (I know they probably won’t). 

     

    I think ill I’ll need to lower the horizontal expansion to around -.20

     

    what factors affect horizontal expansion?

  2. I was basing the decision off this: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/22229-how-to-print-with-ultimaker-cpe

     

    I also used a brim. 

     

    Since I'm going to try to fit all this parts together with dynamic movement I’m really just trying learn how to prevent both. 

     

    We also use wolfbite - which is supposed to make better adhesion than just stick glue. 

     

    Either way, they take my student fees no matter how much I use. 

  3. The update didn't change my settings. I wonder if it is OS specific. I'm running W10 on a lenovo thinkpad.

     

    I also allowed it to uninstall the previous version.

     

    My extensions are also still present, though I have no idea if they work (I've never actually used them :| )

  4. ROUND 3.

    GO.

     

    Adjusted the build plate down to 70C, and the first couple layers at 80C.

     

    Added a brim - just in case.

     

    Lowered infill back down 20% - I'm kind of green.

     

    Turned fan to 1% - I assume there is a fan...

     

    Adjusted the horizontal expansion to -.25 (that's the hole the little knub fit into the most snug without taking a mallet to it. I was using the same printer for consistency, but apparently I can't use the force to convince the other thousand qualified students from using it :(

     

    Update with photos & results tomorrow.

  5. Update:

     

    Settings:

    30/30/20 mmps speed

    250C print temp

    80C plate temp

    .15mm height

    30% infill

    grid

     

    I really should have came and paused the print in the middle to see if the infill printed better... things to do next time, but for now - DESTRUCTIVE TESTING!.

     

    Anywho, walls are much more solid - meaning they are actually solid!

     

    Though, I am now seeing some minor warping in the sides.

    So, any suggestions to fix that.

     

    Also, does anyone know what a "slope calibrator" is used for? Printing this thing over and over is really helping teach me how to manipulate the settings, but I have no idea what this part is supposed to show!

     

    This is all I know, and I don't really understand it:

    https://github.com/revarbat/snappy-reprap/wiki/v3.0-BOM

    http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?2,556724

     

    PS: Added cat tax; she's sophisticated.

    IMG_1335[1].JPG

    IMG_1334[1].JPG

    IMG_1333[1].JPG

    IMG_1332[1].JPG

    IMG_1289[1].JPG

    IMG_1339[1].JPG

    IMG_1338[1].JPG

    IMG_1337[1].JPG

    IMG_1336[1].JPG

  6. 37 minutes ago, cjs said:

    Like @gr5 said crappy looking infill is quite normal with the stock cura profiles as the speeds are way to fast. The walls are normally printed way slower and you shouldn't see any under extrusion in the walls like on your photos.

    Therefore you may also want to check the feeder. Sometimes filament gets stuck and blocks the movement arm and therefore results in feeding issues. (Guide: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/50688-clean-the-feeder

     

    Considering it’s ran by students who couldn’t figure out how to read a spec sheet...

  7. Yeah, I reviewed the spec sheet from Ultimaker and saw that it listed  The temp range as 235 to 250. 

     

    The settings I used were just what the lab supervisor tells everyone to use as the default. Also, I’ve only used copolyester and I assume that’s all that’s been used, but it is a bank of 30 odd printers at a large public university. 

     

    I think im going to drop the layer height to .15mm, slow the speed down to 30mmps and raise the temp to 250C. 

     

    Im curious if there is a better infill than trianglular or grid. Grid is what the wiki project recommends, but I plan on using these parts for assembling another 3D printer, so I want things like gear drives to have good structural integrity (I’ll obviously use higher infill percents for those as well).

     

    This is the project I’m working on: http://reprap.org/wiki/Snappy_3

×
×
  • Create New...