Jump to content

KevinB

Member
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Field of Work
    Other
  • Country
    US
  1. I would also suggest grabbing a brand new roll of filament...fresh out of the package, It will make trouble shooting easier. And try a simple test cube.. With my enclosure..i have only seen problems with some low temp filaments like Ninjaflex or T-glase. I have a thermometer on the top of my enclosure and it usually runs about 90deg F any higher for PLA and i pop open the top and front door. Maybe try a print with the doors open, just as a test.
  2. I have had a terrible time printing ABS so I decided to go for an enclosure. The door was pretty straight forward. I used a thingiverse design for the hinges and door knob. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2883164 But I couldn't find a truly affordable... aka cheap lid. So I built my own. I used about $10 worth of coroplast sheet and printed these corners https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2825407 I designed some pivots so I could peek under lid. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3023029 I added a cheap thermometer to the front to finish it off. If many people show interest, I could do a measured drawing of the coroplast shapes...but it is really pretty simple. The top is a bent sheet that does the front , top and back. 2 identical sides , and there is a bottom at the back. I have blown through an entire roll of abs and it has been a truly remarkable difference! I no longer fear the ABS! The smell is contained some and it's easy to peak under the lid. Hope someone gets some use out of this idea, I just wanted to give back.
  3. I had the same thing happen on my U2+ on an overnight print. The PLA all backed up into the extruder body. I removed the screws that i could and used a small heat gun to soften the plastic, then patiently snipped and pull away the material. I also ran my extruder up to temperature to help release it from the inside. A pair of side cutters, needle nosed pliers and pokey tools will help. be patient. I got it all out. Only to do the same thing a month later. Kevin
  4. I ended up making my own out of coreplast and 3d printed parts https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGYpMZGjH2ULgXjF9 It has a side mounted pivot hinge now too for easy tilting.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!