Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

LaserBrain

Member
  • Content Count

    21
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country
    GB
  • Industry
    Other

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Great to hear, I also noticed that the wait time on an abort is longer, seems to want to complete whatever is in the command queue perhaps. As for the warning, red and green are often used but also cause difficulties for colour blind people. To meet usability regulations, it's often found that a symbol is used then coloured, so even if the red is mistaken the symbol is not. Fire is often yellowy orange, so perhaps that's what they were going for, perhaps if they used the symbol that's on my bed glass in orange it would make more sense.
  2. From having read the entire thread, there is no way for you to roll back the firmware. However your reseller should be able to do it for you. This is the recommended action for you to take to get your S5 up and running again. Good luck.
  3. That’s where my UM3 is. Everything seems to be working. The auto levelling is now done at four points, better than previous firmware.
  4. Sorry for the slow reply, not been on the forum for ages! As far as I'm aware no, it doesn't scale up. I have however found it is model dependent, I have a couple of complex models that do better with not so much negative adjustment when compared to a simple cube and cylinder. Curious, but it's what I have observed. I did my original adjustments on small 20mm sized prints, then a larger one with interlocking parts, where previously the interlocking parts did not fit, post adjustment they did, quite well in fact. However on something more complex it made the parts too loose, this
  5. Hi Everyone, I noticed this evening that having looked in the Cura Connect page on my UM3 I saw that it said, "This printer can now be updated with firmware version 5.2.11". Also it says below... 'No Ultimaker printers found on the local area network.', apart from the one you show above, ....which is on my local area network... ok then... whatever. 😁 Working for a software vendor, in the product management and development side of the business, one of the things I like to do always, is to read the release notes to understand, changes, updates, new features and most important
  6. Hi Jones4642, Happy to pick up the thread again. The only way I managed this was to do this in Cura. It’s a bit trial and error, but I used a cube and an open ended cylinder to measure external and internal diameters. Then adjust, print, adjust, print until you’re happy. The horizontal expansion settings apply to all polygons in the print, the layer one setting can help reduce elephants foot, also helps when fitting parts. it just takes a little time, patience, a reasonable set of callipers to measure with. Good luck.
  7. @MichelLin I did, fiddling with the horizontal expansion settings was certainly the main one for me. The problem for me was that my holes were too small and the outer dimensions too big, just as you described, so it was an instant win for me. Give @SandervG settings a go too and let us all know what you find. 🙂
  8. Hi @mzcukier, sure the settings you need are in the 'shell' section of Cura and are called Horizontal Expansion. There are two settings, one for the first layer, this helps with 'elephant foot' problems, the second is for the rest of the model. Mine are set to -0.16 in both. A negative setting reduces the overall X/Y dimensions. Also attached are the STL files I created so you can check the outcome. the cube is 20mm all round. The Cylinder is 20mm, print with the base on the bottom, the walls should be 1mm thick giving an internal diameter of 18mm. When you have got your settings right, p
  9. Settings are custom once I had changed the Horizontal Expansion settings, but based on normal, speed at 30mm/sec. It's slow but accurate and the print quality is good.
  10. OK @mitu, well you have more experience than me in the mechanical side of life. My Prusa clone is a long way off in terms of parts quality compared to the ultimaker, so my experience differs from yours in that respect. I solved the inaccuracies by using the horizontal Expansion settings in Cura which applies settings to all the polygons that make up the model. I can only assume that having these settings is to mittigate the potnetial issues that I had and that you are also seeing. I started out in this thread with the following issue... "Having printed a 20mm calibration cube, I g
×
×
  • Create New...