Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Thirtythree3d

Member
  • Content Count

    16
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Field of Work
    Other
  • Country
    GB
  • 3D printer
    Ultimaker 3 Extended
    Ultimaker 3
    Ultimaker 2 Extended +
  1. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    Ok I started thinking out of the box. I installed Ultimaker 2 firmware and then 2+. Then a factory reset. It now works as it it should. I'm thinking this was once an Ultimaker 2 with an official + upgrade. Thank you guys for all your help.
  2. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    Yes everything set back to default and yes unmodified.
  3. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    I did indeed have the wrong motor fitted. I replaced the motor with the correct one but the problem still exists. Any other ideas?
  4. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    Looking that way. I'll report back as soon as I get the chance to switch it over.
  5. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    I will give that a go thank you.
  6. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    Did a test print, and the print was perfect. It's just the changing of material that now has this weird problem.
  7. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    I used Cura to send some G-code to the printer to calculate E-steps. I found that after extruding 100mm in extruded exactly half (50mm) So I set the E-steps value to 738 double the preset value and the filament now looks like it will move the entire length of the bowden tube but the motor seems to be having issues. It makes a whirring sound and the filament skips as its being moved up the tube. I vaguely read somewhere about the motor settings needing changing after the e-steps value being altered but I can't for the life of me find it again.
  8. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    Tried but no luck. Could the E-steps be stored somewhere the reset isn't touching?
  9. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    I'll give it ago. Thanks again.
  10. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    Yes the correct firmware was used. I thought a long the same lines with the feeder possibly being the issue but I fitted it to another machine running stock firmware and all seems to be working fine. Its very confusing. I've even tried a new motor to see if that was the problem but always the same outcome. Thank you for your help though
  11. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    Yes everything back as if it had just come out of the box.
  12. Thirtythree3d

    E-steps after reset.

    Thank you Smithy, I have also tried that but that didn't do the trick either.
  13. Hi guys, hoping for a little help. I have an Ultimaker 2 and and Ultimaker 2+ among several others. I wanted to test out some different feeders. I installed Tinkergnomes Firmware to be able to alter the E-steps as each feeder I tried had a different gear ratio. This all worked well except I found the firmware to be too glitchy even after a factory reset before changing the firmware over. Material starting reversing half way through a print. So I decided to switch back to the original feeder and original firmware. Factory reset and installed the original firmware. Now when going through setup the material does not make it from the feeder to the print head, it only gets half way. I tied manually moving the material to the head and testing a print but it is obvious that the E-steps are wrong unless there is something else going on here. Is there a way of resetting the E-steps separately or is a factory reset supposed to do that? This is the same for the 2 and 2+, I have an Extended 2 and Extended 2+ I haven't attempted to put back to factory yet until I succeed with these two first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  14. Thirtythree3d

    Ultimaker 2+ Built plate height issue

    I'm glad your issue is solved too.
  15. Thirtythree3d

    Ultimaker 2+ Built plate height issue

    Thanks for the replies guys. I too thought it may have been the wrong firmware after reading another forum post but that wasn't the issue. The build plate looked like it was trying to move around 4 -5 cm beyond the Nozzle before grinding and moving back down. I've managed to getting working again but I think by pure fluke. I reset back to factory settings. Then Removed the printer from Cura and added it back in again. Once that was done I ran the firmware update through Cura. This seems to have done the job. I hope this works for you too Thomaage.
×

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!