Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country
  • Field of Work

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. great. thanks for this. i was searching for the tare weight of an ultimaker spool so that i could determine if my print would finish with the remaining filament i had on the spool. question for the community: does anyone else practice this technique with success? what is your experience? i noticed cura estimates the material usage (give both a length and weight). how accurate is that? is it good enough to approximate and run a print with this info? thanks.
  2. yes, it is. i did determine that i was applying the setting to extruder 1, when i should have been applying it to extruder 2. none the less, it seems like a bug.
  3. ok, after a bunch of testing.. the problem manifests when i use "max comb distance with no retract" my stock settings profile works as it used to. if i plug in a value of 10mm into "max comb distance with no retract" the problem shows up. whats up with that? does anyone else use that feature with success. i swore i had it working before and i really liked it because i like to print my parts on a raft of breakaway material to get a consistent surface texture. this feature would leave the raft pristine so i dont get any strands in my surface layer of my print.
  4. My UM3 started doing this weird issue after it prime blobs extruder 1. I've been using the same settings profile, and now for some reason it leaves a long streak of material all the way across the bed. I am printing on a raft. Any ideas? After the blob, it does a very slow move to back corner extrudding the whole way.
  5. Are you in a position to setup the UM3 on your own LAN? If so, connect the UM3 to a router, both wired and wireless. Put your laptop or PC on the same network. Assuming you're running linux, run: sudo nmap -sP where is the actual is the subnet and /24 is the actual mask. You should see a report of all devices connected to that network. Look for hostnames that have Ultimaker in them. You should see the MAC addresses of the interfaces of all the hosts on the network.
  6. Thanks, ahoeben, that was it. I re-selected "English" and all is back to normal. Apparently I must have inadvertently selected "TEST" as the language.
  7. All strings on my UM3 display are bookend with a # mark. Any ideas?
  8. tmcolby


    looks like this did the trick... exec self.startProcedure("LOAD_MATERIAL_WIZARD", parameters={"wizard_type":"load"})
  9. tmcolby


    Thanks nallath. Would you, or one of your team members, be willing to share what the proper arguments are needed for a couple of the procedures? I want to run "LOAD | CHANGE | SELECT_MATERIAL_WIZARD" for instance. What does the 'parameters' look like to fire off these procedures? If you cant share, I will keep poking around and figure it out. I would think it would be safe enough to expose any of the "wizard" procedures on the API. If you can initiate something from the front panel, you should be able to initiate the same from the API. I would love to see this knitted into the API. Happy to contribute too.
  10. tmcolby


    Is there any sort of documentation on this? Besides the minimal information that lives in the forums. I would rather not spend my time sifting through the source code to determine what I can and cannot do with the utility. I am particularly interested in how to use the "exec" command. Also, a different but similar issue, the swagger docs do not seem to be up to date. For example printer/led is documented, but not printer/led/brightness. Thanks for any help here.. for some additional context: I do now see if I first "select" a mode, and then do "exec self." and hit tab, I can see a list of exposed functions. I am interested in the printer's self.startProcedure method. It takes "key" and "parameters" as arguments. Currently, through the API, there is no way to set the loaded material. I can set it using the command_util.py however. I am building a smart dry box for my filament. Since my filament will not be loaded on the stock reel holder where the NFC antenna is, I wanted to hack my UM3 by programatically assigning the material that will be loaded. I also want to programatically initiate the load, unload, and change material wizards (I am pretty sure this can be done with exec printer self.startProcedure('SOME_PROCEDURE"..... ) but I need help with what the proper 'key' and 'parameters' are. I found a list of procedures defined in the um3.json file in griffin/machines/ folder.
  • Create New...