Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

acwest

Member
  • Content Count

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country
    CA
  • Industry
    R&D / Exploration
  1. 4.8.0 release is out, and it has a couple of things that fix the benchy issue. There is a fix for a bug in the simplification code, and the other is an increase in the default mesh fixes values. I believe that is necessary because of longstanding bugs in how that was implemented. The benchy now is MUCH better (although I think the mesh fixes change rounds out the edgew of the door frames a bit) Maximum Resolution = .25 Max travel resolution = .25 Maximum Deviation = .025
  2. Did any of those change from 4.6.2 to 4.7.0? I would like to know how it broke in the first place. I also tried 4.8.0 Beta, and while the results are better, they are still much worse than in 4.6.2. Something broke in 4.7, which seems to have quite drastic effects on the smooth overhanging curves of the 3DBenchy bow hull section
  3. I have been having similar problems using 4.7.1 after upgrading fro 4.4.1. the curved sections of the bow are very rough. The one on the left was sliced with 4.4.1 with totally default Ender 3 settings, the one on the right is with 4.7.1. They both have some odd excess pieces of filament, probably do to my new all-metal extruder, but I am quite sure that is unrelated...
  4. yes, I was looking in the cache, I couldn't find the local copies of the json files. they are likely in /usr/share or something... In any case, I found them in git. It would still be very useful to be able to export a profile containing ALL settings, not just the ones that have been modified, however
  5. That helped. It would be useful if there was a way to do an export of a profile that contains ALL of the settings, instead of just the name of the base and modified settings. It shouldn't be necessary to go rooting through github to figure out what changed between two versions of the profile
  6. the user configuration files are plain text, but they only contain the changes from the original base they started with. The actual base files are binary, although they contain a lot of text strings... The update to 4.5 made a LOT of changes in the base configurations, including things like changing the print layer heights. Unfortunately, a number of those changes have had severe effects on my print quality
  7. is there an explanation of the file formats that define the default settings? sometime after my computer updated Cura from 4.4 to 4.7 (I think it was the update to 4.5 that broke it) the default Ender 3 setting have totally broken on slicing Benchy for my printer. I want to compare the settings between the two, but the defaults seem to be written in files in ~/.cache/cura/4.7/definitions/4.7.1/... which are some sort of partially binary format, so it isn't obvious how to export them. In the case of the current version, it is likely not too difficult, but I don't see any way to export the 4.4 v
  8. I recently updated to Cura 4.5.0 on an Arch Linux system using Gnome, and I have noticed that the recent files list is not preserved between sessions. For example, if I open Cura, then open some STL files, while Cura remains open those files appear in the recent files list, but if I close Cura and re-open it, I am back to whatever files I last worked on in an older version of Cura. Does anybody have any siuggestions? Edited: I found my cura.cfg file which contains this list, and it was last written in June of last year... I suspect this would be the cause of my difficulties... Still no id
  9. Your reference to the logs was the right track. I am running on Arch Linux, which does not install Python's zeroconf bindings as a dependency for Cura, and this plugin uses it. Installing the python-zeroconf package fixes it...
  10. Never mind, for some reason I had both spiralise and Mold modes turned on
  11. I am testing with vase mode, and tried to print the standard rocket. For some reason, the g code stops about a centimetre from the top of the rocket. I am running Cura 3.4.1. Looking at the screen shots that I have, the truncated rocket appears to be the correct height, for some reason I think it is adding to the radius.
  12. I am having issues with this as well. I have watched all of the videos, but I must be missing something. After I install the plugin, I never see a "Connect to Octoprint" button when configuring the printer.
×
×
  • Create New...