I have been using Cura 3.4.1 and since yesterday 3.5 for a few days now. While still using 3.4.1, saving the gcode has become incredibly slow. In a typical model, I hit Prepare and the slicer executes in less than 10s. Then, when I hit Save to Removable Drive it takes 5 minutes or more, during which time Cura is unresponsive. Before yesterday, Saves were not a significant delay (a few seconds): I am not sure if some parameter I have changed could lead to this but I assume that in the Save process, all it is doing is writing data it has already sliced.
I have tried reinstalling Cura but no change.
Any pointers as to what could have happened gratefully received.