Jump to content

splitsecond

Member
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Field of Work
    R&D / Exploration
  • Country
    CH
  • 3D printer
    Ultimaker Original
  1. I didn't do it yet as I have other things going on but I will try it.
  2. ok, thanks for the thoughts. I will keep testing things and if I succeed will post a pic.'n params.
  3. Here is the melted top of the head figure mentioned in the previous post: same print slightly different light angle to bring out different details In the meantime I got a somewhat better result (just printing top of head since the rest of the model prints fine and I don't want to waste time and plastic). Some settings: Ultimaker Original print in PLA Layer height: 0.25mm (I'll do 0.1 or 0.15 for final version after fixing issues, but for sake of speed in testing, 0.25) Wall thickness: 0.6mm (nozzle diameter) Spiralize Smooth Spiralized Contours Speed 90mm/sec. Temp: 214°C Adaptive max. variation: 0.27mm Adaptive step size: 0.03mm Adaptive layer threshold: 200 It's almost usuable, at least there's no hole. I'm not sure what to tweak next to get rid of the peaks and valleys. Maybe reduce extruder temp at that z-height. Below was the first attempt, for reference. Just spiralize, no adaptive layer height. I think the layer height was 0.15mm and the overall height 120mm, that hole about 30x38mm.
  4. hi, The adaptive layers functionality almost perfectly solves a problem I had...but not quite. I am printing a (bald) head figure and so the top is basically like the top of a sphere. I am printing 0% infill and spiralized so if I don't use adaptive layers the only way the top part of the head will come out as a solid surface would be to print the entire thing at a tiny tiny layer height (there are holes/gaps between lines of filament near the top of the head). I tried printing without spiralizing with a one-nozzle-width wide wall and and a top thickness of a mm or so but that's ugly as the light coming through the model shows the internal structure which I absolutely don't want. Anyway: adaptive layers would actually fix this problem except when I printed it the top of the head melts. The layers are apparently very thin and the plastic keeps getting run over by the hot print head. Any suggestions on how to fix? If there were a post-processing g-code extension to make minimum layer time much greater the last few vertical mm's of the print that might work but I don't find such a thing. Is there? I haven't tried changing the extruder temp with ChangeAtZ v5.1.1 ....maybe that'd work but I kind of doubt it. Underextrusion? Something else? I saw this https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/10953-top-of-print-melting and haven't tried it yet. I'm playing around with the parameters in Adaptive Layer Height now but wanted to reach out and see if anyone had a similar problem and maybe a solution or suggestion.
  5. I have exactly the same problem--very frustrating. I thought maybe it was some new 'feature' and spent a lot of time trying to figure it out but it looks like it is indeed a bug. I hope the fix version comes out soon since 3.6 is only usable for single objects as is.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!