Hello! So I usually like to figure things out on my own but this one has me stumped! My issue and all the information I have so far is as follows
I have been using the Cura software ever since I got my printer (I have an Anet A8 that I got a little over a month ago) and so far I love the software. I have been getting my projects off of Thingiverse and have been using the cura software to convert my 3d images to gcode. Up until now I have had absolutely no problems at all. when preparing and slicing the following object cage_sup├⌐rieure_-_SP.stlcage_sup├⌐rieure_-_SP.stl (Hopefully you can see the object) everything seems fine on the software. I am able to see each layer and the travel paths and everything seems fine and dandy. However, when I upload this file to a micro sd card and run the code on my printer the printer heats up and gets ready for the print just like it always does but right before the print is initiated the display screen says "Idle" and the object does not print. As my due diligence I have metaphorically scoured the internet for an answer to this problem. The only thing that I found that was remotely relevant to my situation was this https://forum.astroprint.com/t/solved-anet-a8-goes-to-idle-after-warming-up-for-print/2067 but unfortunately this didn't solve my problem. The previous link does over issues with the starting code which makes perfect sense but I have looked at my start code in the printer settings portion and looked at the gcode itself with no luck at all. Here is my starting gcode for reference:
;Filament used: 6.79001m
;Layer height: 0.1
;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 3.6.0
M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
G1 F200 E3
G1 F1500 E-6.5
G0 F3600 X78.522 Y50.847 Z0.3
Now, for some strange reason, according to what I learned from the other forum there shouldn't be anything wrong with my start code right? All the same for some reason my printer is having issues reading the code. I tried printing this object with generated supports and without generated supports. what I found was that the first support layer was printed but when it came time to start printing the first layer of the object the printer stopped and went idle. So there must be something wrong with the code. Another Perplexing issue I discovered is that I was able to print one of the other objects found in the downloadable file from thingiverse, which didn't make any damn sense. A note about this object is that it didn't require any support while the object I want to print has two arches which definitely need generated support.
I am also happy to provide any additional information.