Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

rritch

Member
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by rritch

  1. 8 minutes ago, rburema said:

    We're aware of this issue: It happens for most printers that don't have maximum z speed explicitly defined in their profile. What happens then is that we instruct the printer to go 'as fast as possible' ... meaning light speed. This confuses a lot of printers (moving the extruder at relativistic speeds is probably not within normal operating parameters...), which then either pauze or just stop, instead of just moving at the maximum speed they're capable of.

     

    The workaround is either to explicitly specify max z speed, manually change the profile, or disable z hopping. This will be fixed in 4.2

    Thanks for the clarification on the issue.  For now I have just added the max Z speed to each of my profiles and that has resolved the issue.  It only took a few minutes to update all of my profiles so not a big deal.

  2. 42 minutes ago, wrench_bender said:

    Stuck 250 to test it, and it worked fine. I'll probably put something lower in, but anything close to your x and y speed should work.

    Thanks!  I just burned a boot loader on mine and installed the TH3D firmware.  Looks like the Maximum speed in that firmware for the Ender 3 is 500, so I assume that if I set the value to 500 or less, that should do the trick.  I am working on getting the EZ-ABL installed at the moment, but I will play with this more later.

  3. 29 minutes ago, burtoogle said:

    Hello @rritch, welcome to the wacky world of 3d printing. In the short term you will probably need to adjust a setting as I mention above to workaround this glitch. Maybe in the longer term the Ultimaker devs will revert or change the regression.

    I am fine with tinkering, that is part of the fun.  I am just not sure how/where I should make the suggested changes or what I should set them to for my printer (Creality Ender 3 Pro).  Any insight or sources that you can point me to on how to do this?

  4. 5 hours ago, burtoogle said:

    Thanks for the g-code files. Looking at them I can see that they contain z-hop moves with a silly feedrate (F17987547480000). This is a recently introduced regression (see https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/commit/ce9f3c9bcc79fdd596bd3c5ac87ce9ba7120a031).

     

    You can work around this by either setting the Maximum Speed Z in the printer definition or by setting or the Maximum Z Speed value in the profile.

    I am still really new to 3D printing.  Can you explain this a little more?  Is this something that will be addressed in an update, or will this be something that I will have to do if I want to use 4.1 or any newer version going forward?

  5. I just installed version 4.1 for Mac.  I had previously been using 4.0 with my Creality Ender 3 Pro (stock firmware).  I sliced a small print with 4 small identical wire clips using the same settings that carried over from 4.0.  It gave an estimated time of 55 minutes to print.  I started the print and immediately noticed that it was pausing for several seconds at the end of each layer for each piece.  I let it print several layers to see if it was just something with the first (or first few) layers, but it continued.  I stopped the print and re sliced the exact same model using 4.0 with the same settings.  The estimated time was 39 minutes this time.  I printed it, and it did NOT pause this time.  I do not have any plugins installed in either 4.0 or 4.1.  Is there a new setting in 4.1 that is causing this, or is this a bug.

    • Thanks 1
×
×
  • Create New...