This just started happening a couple days ago. Nothing about the printer has changed intentionally. The same GCODE printed perfectly 20 times before. Now it's over extruding like mad for the first 8 layers, then it prints perfectly fine for the remainder of the print. It does this on every single print now - old GCODE and new. I've seen a dozen posts around the internet with the exact same problem, but nobody seems to be able to offer a solution that works. The printer is essentially useless until I fix this.
- The first 8 layers are over extruding, which is causing a build up of plastic that the nozzle starts dragging around with it. The outer layer bulges out frequently to cause the problem shown in the photo.
- The first 8 layers are not the proper Z height. Layer height is set to .2 mm, but if the Z shift is less than that in those first 8 layers it might just seem like over extrusion.
- Adjust Z rods and wheels.
- - Adjusted everything and it seems fine.
- Turn down bed temperature.
- - Have tried printing with the bed between room temp and 60c. No change.
- Adjust Initial Layer settings in Cura.
- - Have tried this with no success. Reducing Initial Layer Width, Speed and Fan have only changed the problem.
- Something wrong with Z Screws in that range.
- - Have raised the bed about 5mm. If the Z Screws were faulty in that area, it should have fixed the problem. It still does it for 8 layers.
I think that about covers it. Anyone have any insights?