Everything posted by theGingerGiant
Alright, it's been a few days, I've done some tinkering, here's where I'm currently at: No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to get te buildplate to be level. When I run the levelling utility in Cura, the left and right ''stops' in the utility seem to be fine, but the back 'stop' will be much too close to the buildplate (almost chewing up the piece of paper). When I adjust the build plate to be low enough for that, the 'stop' on the right will be much too far away from the build plate. It's quite frustrating, really. Is anybody else encountetring this problem? Is it possible that some other part of the printer isn't level or should be adjusted?
Thanks for the reply! My UMO has the 'stock' bed, which I use tape on. I have tried extruding the nozzle on itself, this seems to work fine. Do you have any suggestions for getting a 'baseline' for the bed levelling? I'm having a lot of trouble with getting it done.
Hello everyone, I recently acquired an original Ultimaker by inheritance. I've been busy with setting it up but it seems to have some problems. these are the following: - There seems to be something wrong with the print bed (I think it has to do with levelling, but I think I might have solved this issue) - The filament thickness starts to become inconsistent after some printing (almost 'droopy' if you will) - the filament has problems 'attaching' to the bed when printing the first layer All these issues seem to indicate that I need to replace some parts. (i.e. the nozzle and/or the coupler) Before going all out and doing unnecessary replacement, I could use some advice on which parts to replace. I will include a picture of a failed print to illustrate my problem. (this piece was printed in PLA at 210 degrees, .15 layer height and 20% infill) Thanks you for reading this and I hope somebody might be able to tell me how to get my printer working; I'm really excited to get into this hobby and 'tributing' a deceased loved one by getting this to work. Kind regards, Bob