The STL's are sound as I haven't had a issue slicing them before. It came to that after installing the newer Cura. It was after slicing, and going to preview. However I changed settings, such as top and bottom thickness from the .8 that was standard to 1mm, as well as a few other settings that I can't recall offhand, and resliced, when I came back, the glitch or whatever you want to call this, was gone. The anomaly hopefully won't repeat itself.
I actually was proceeding to install a previous version of Cura just in case the changes I made didn't work as well when this 'corrected' itself. I have 4.4.1 installed again as backup.