I am selling my Ultimaker S5. Lightly used, purchased March 2019. I am a hobbyist and while the S5 is a great printer, it is more than I need and I have decided to sell it. It has only used a couple of reels of filament overall. Screen shots of the total usage are below.
List price $4,995
- Ultimaker S5
- Ultimaker filament: About a quarter reel of Black PLA, half reel of Natural PVA, and about 80% of a reel of white TPU.
- 4 print cores total: Two AA 0.4 and two BB 0.4 (S5 normally comes with one AA and one BB, I purchased one extra of each, so this includes two extra cores). See my note below about the extra BB core.
- Original box
- Printer is overall in excellent condition and works well, especially with PLA and TPU
- Only issue I’ve had with the S5 is using the dual extrusion with the PVA filament. It may be a combination of me being an amateur or perhaps humidity in the room, but I haven’t had reliable performance with PVA. Otherwise the printer is excellent. Dual extrudes great with other filament types like TPU.
- Before listing, I cleaned and tested 3 of the 4 print cores. My extra BB 0.4 core still seems to be gummed up - you may need to do a few more cleaning cycles. For the purposes of this listing, consider the extra BB core to be an “extra” that should work after more cleaning cycles, but I am not guaranteeing it. It’s basically an extra that I’ve thrown in for free.
- I recommend when you receive the printer to do a full calibration cycle etc.
For your protection and for mine, I am planning to transact via PayPal for Goods and Services or similar.
I am based in the Washington DC area, and pickup is preferable but if we need to ship in the US, we can work it out.