Brand new Ultimaker S3. Upgraded to the latest firmware (5.3.10). Printing its first Print. Setup was REALLY ROUGH. I spent $4K on this so I would not have to continually tinker with a 3D Printer like I do with my Prusa i3 MK3, but below are the issues I encountered. The one that is blocking for me is that I do not see anything through the camera in either Cura Monitor or the Web Manager. In the web I get a totally black rectangle. In Cura, when I click the button, I seem to get a faint lightbox over the app window but no video image. Any ideas?
1) Wifi Setup Would not work. First time I connected to the printer from the computer I chose a 5Ghz network because it was in the list. It never finished configuring on the printer. The next time, I did not get the printer's SSID in the list on the computer. I went with a hard wire connection instead.
2) Clogged AA. After initially loading both the AA and BB and seeing extrusion, when I did my first print (Benchy), the black stopped extruding after a couple of minutes. I never got it unclogged. I used the other AA print head and that worked OK. I ordered cleaning filament in the hopes I can recover the glogged AA head.
3) Printer complained it was out of calibration, so I did the calibration. This time the PLV would not extrude so it ran through the whole calibration without extruding filament.
4) PLV would not unload. I had to figure out how to do this manually, but I got it out. The gears had dug a grove in the filament so it could not get a bite.
5) I unloaded both filaments to start over. The Black filament would not load automatically, after it did the big motor noise to load, the filament did not move. I had to unlock the gear and do it manually. I assume I did not have it in the box enough, so that was probably just simple user error.
6) I got both filaments loaded and ran through the calibration. I had a very hard time telling between the a few of the lines. But I think I got it.
7) No Camera while printing.
I have Not finished my first print, so I am hoping that goes well but it is 30 minutes in and things look good.
If this was a real first date, it would not have gone well. I already paid $4K, so I am going to see if I can smooth things out and be happier down the road. I think I fussed with the Prusa for a lot longer to get it to print Benchy, so there is that.
Any help on the camera would be great.