Ninja flex cheddar cheese texture

Posted · Ninja flex cheddar cheese texture

Hi everyone!

After lots of trys and dimismounts of the feeder TODAY! I finally print withi ninja flex.

Now the but/question.

the quality is quite horrible to what I've seen on the net.

I used 20mm/s (1.6mm^3 / s) for everything.

0.2 mm layer high

no retraction

Shell 2mm

IMG_20150521_231520-nopm-.thumb.jpg.1f9b56e1035fb10b3e7e899595a61710.jpg IMG_20150521_224104.thumb.jpg.3fbd1be61a2d6eed0d054aa59d25135d.jpg IMG_20150521_233503.thumb.jpg.c66f2126bbf829318e2219bba6aeadd9.jpg

Any suggestion?

IMG_20150521_231520-nopm-.thumb.jpg.1f9b56e1035fb10b3e7e899595a61710.jpg

IMG_20150521_224104.thumb.jpg.3fbd1be61a2d6eed0d054aa59d25135d.jpg

IMG_20150521_233503.thumb.jpg.c66f2126bbf829318e2219bba6aeadd9.jpg

Posted (edited) · Ninja flex cheddar cheese texture

Or too hot. I think to remember having the best results with 225-230°C. But that was with 0.1mm layers.

And maybe you should check your bed levelling. In one picture I see a bed which is too far away from the nozzle.

Edited by Guest

Sorry for the late answer. I'm trying now at 10mm speed, 245ºC, 0.2 mm .. and nothing still cheddar. It is so annoying... I will print the the feeder and try with that one, because For example when I'm loading the material, it doesn't travel the same distance through the pipe than pla, much sorter. That make me think the feeder doesn't push as much material as should do.

You must add oil so it slips nicely through the bowden. Do a "change filament" and add a drop of oil near the tip, then reload the filament. Then add a drop of oil every 2 to 4 feet - unwind the ninjaflex and have a meter or so hang down towards the floor.

I printed ninjaflex at 240C just fine. 230C was too cold for me. Don't go too hot or it might caramelize. I was able to get perfect smooth surface with no underextrusion.

Ok I'll try with that oil... but which kind? WD40? or similiar? And what will happend after I change again the filament? Will this affect to the PLA?

It is really weird because with the ninjaflex semiflex is a pleasure to print, I'm happy level over 9000 but this just drive me mad and from last try with it in some travelings make this weird noise. (second 8 and 46). (It looks from the base, no from the X/Y motors)

Don't use WD40 - it has more cleaning chemicals than oil. Use pretty much any mineral oil (oil dug up from underground). Some examples: baby oil, 3-in-1 oil, sewing machine oil, even medium heavy automotive oil such as 5W-30. Light oil is better (5W is light, 90W is heavy).

That noise is normal in the video. It's doing lots of very tiny infill I think. So it moves, stops, moves, stops, and repeats about 20 times in under a second. It's more a slicing issue. You could increase or decrease your infill possibly but that mignt not help.