How can we use Nylon filament in Ultimaker 2 ?

kpk

Posted · How can we use Nylon filament in Ultimaker 2 ?

Has any one tried with nylon filament using in your ultimaker 2 , can any one tell the parameters settings in software.

Yes you can. quite a few people print with it. there are some found here: http://www.blackmagic3d.com/Nylon-s/1815.htm

if you click on the one you want then select printing parameters tab, this will give you recommended settings to use for that filament. Use those settings for starters then adjust from there to get the desired results your after.

• Like 1

Get yourself some Nylon bridge it's cheap and I've had some good results with it on my UL2 extended. Plus it doesn't off gas gnarly chemicals like arsenic n stuff while printing. that trimmer nylon is nasty stuff.

Print settings

Temp 240-242c

bed temp 70c

+PVA glue, glass, no tape

no active cooling (fan @ 0%).

.1-.2 layer height.

material flow 105-110%.

Use ALOT of brim, i may be over doing it, but in cura I'm a at 50-80) basically maxing out the brim on print bed. (why not? - Helps it from lifting and primes extruder).

For Support: I use 10-15% infill And add a bit to the support/print seperation. Xy I have at 1~1.5mm and Z @ .3-.45 dep on layers height.(use a multiple of 2x-3x)

For print infill I would rec as much as you can. 100% prints like a brick(yet still a bit flexible), 25% is a bit more spongy, all depends on your application. Note on large 100% infill parts you tend to see a bit more part warping.

Hope this helps,

• 1 year later...

Why no fans?

Nylon is very prone to warping. Fans make the warping an even bigger problem by cooling the part non-uniformally. Paired with the fact that it doesn't stick that well to the plate, you could easily cause it to pull off the printbed simply having the fans on. Same with ABS prints.

• Like 1