luisonoff

Print multiple parts in shadowed empty space

Posted (edited) · Print multiple parts in shadowed empty space

Hello,

I think this is normal behaviour, but just want to confirm it.

I am trying to print 2 STLs, one containing like two "L" parts and the other STL is a bolt, there is lots of room inside de first STL and I would like to print my bolt in there, Cura doesnt let me. Printing all at the same time, not one at a time.

Is there any reason for this or just simplifying things?

cura.thumb.png.27df92f891ec53bf7fd209a901ba0ec7.png

I edited STL with a modelling software to merge both STLs into one, and then it printed fine, I just want to know if I have to do it this way every time or there ir another way of doing it in Cura.

Thank you very much,

Luis Rodenas

cura.thumb.png.27df92f891ec53bf7fd209a901ba0ec7.png

Edited by Guest

Posted · Print multiple parts in shadowed empty space

You could right click the STL with the two objects in it and select "Split object into parts". This will cause cura to try and split the STL into separate parts which you could then re-arrange and print all at once.

Posted · Print multiple parts in shadowed empty space

Thank you Robert for your answer. Didn't know that option. Still, I guess it would not work if I wanted to put the bolt inside a hollow rectangle, and also guess this is the way Cura works. :)