Can you help identify this weird print issue?

john-seaton

Posted · Can you help identify this weird print issue?

I recently started printing with colorfabb_xt red and when I ran into this issue I decided to print it in normal colorfabb red. At this point I didn't know what was causing this. I've had my colorfabb settings dialed in for some time so I was surprised to see this in that filament as well.

I don't use tweak at z so and the fan comes on at 1mm (50% for XT and 100% for PLA).

I print the XT at 245 and the PLA at 200.

The place where it start messing up is different for each print.

the XT had tiny fuzz all over it almost like hair.

I suspect the printer but I need help figuring this one out.

Thanks

John

IMG_0286.thumb.JPG.526805415a4c6e88843640e3c0bbdb0c.JPG

IMG_0286.thumb.JPG.526805415a4c6e88843640e3c0bbdb0c.JPG

Posted (edited) · Can you help identify this weird print issue?

Hi John,

Could you be bothered explaining what the problem + solution was?

It could be valuable information to share with the community to help someone who may run in similar issues in the future.

Thank you! :)

Edited by Guest

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies