Ulti-evening June 15th

SandervG

Posted · Ulti-evening June 15th

We have video's from the previous editions, and the one from yesterday will also be put online shortly. But the upload's do not contain the information shared during the Ulti-Evening and will need to be edited again. Currently they are global impressions of the evening.

If you want to see them, they can be found here.

• Replies 57
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody post the link to the download area to the new Cura. It was displayed but by the time I was able to record it the screensaver kicked in...

• Like 1

Can somebody post the link to the download area to the new Cura. It was displayed but by the time I was able to record it the screensaver kicked in...

yes please.

That must have been intended... ;) There are only beta versions up to now which are still buggy at some details. IMHO posting a link to them might not be the best thing to do... (a link to an RC might be something else...) but I think the wait for the official release will be over soon.

Posted (edited) · Ulti-evening June 15th

@SandervG, this might be considered off topic, but as nice as the videos of previous ultievenings are, they are useless for information spreading.

You are creating useful information by having people come and talk about things, it's being recorded, but I can't find other videos than useless promotionals.

I can understand it takes time to edit stuff, but I haven't seen one complete vid from the last year. This is just a waste of spreadable information! Looking back at vids like this, that is much more interesting for us:

The same goes for last ulti-evening. I couldnt come as I'm restrained to bed after a traffic accident, but I do want to know all about the new Cura! I hope there'll be more vid material than the 2 minute promo with music.

Edited by Guest

@Titus hope its not to serious and you get well soon.

@sandervG I agree publishing full presentations would be much more usefull.

@titus, wow hope you are ok dude!

Hopefully you are in your own bed, and not a hospital's bed? Take care!

@UltiArjan, yes I agree. There have been attempts to document it better but they usually stranded due to something like 'hay', 'fork' and 'a lot'. For that reason we also asked if there were people who regularly visited had any interest in participating sharing the content.

I am still looking at the best way to implement it, but I did receive quite some positive feedback.

Which I am very happy about! :)

We know the current registration doesn't add a lot of value, and on a short term we want to change this (if possible also with previous editions).

@SandervG I had such a good time yesterday that i forgot to fill in the feedback form .... I'll be happy to still fill it in if you PM it to me... and maybe also others like @titus who could not join.

I'm a bit far away to attend these meetings and have previously checked the videos as I have been interested in the topics, only to find they don't hold anything useful.

Its interesting to see glimpses of some of the creative ideas some people have come up with and would be cool to see a bit more on those 2.

Having video really helps show some things that can't be written in text and will help people like me on the other side of the world feel a bit more involved with what's happening and also help with learning more about my printer's

• Like 1

I completely agree with labern. I am also far away and almost given up as I have asked for informative videos of ulti evenings a long time ago.

a comment @sander: you seem to think a lot how to involve the community (creating a new much debated forum), but a really strong asset and wealth of information the ulti evening videos are not really used. I do not understand this. moreover cutting the videos to 1 minute and music added probably takes more time than simply upload the uncut video with maybe some chapter information. e.g. I would love to see ultiarians dual extrusion mod... enough there is hope that this might change

Posted (edited) · Ulti-evening June 15th

a bit disappointed in my dreams the horn was longer and the eyes more beautiful...

good print though... ;)

(minor comment the emojis are really ugly, if the leave away the frame then it would be much better)

Here you are... :D

PinkUnicorn.thumb.jpg.a7514f0450e582d3f861470accb0b30a.jpg

'Pink unicorn' was the working title. In the meantime the pink unicorn has disappeared and the software is called 'new Cura'.

Edited by Guest

Oeps just reading UltiArjan post about forgetting the feedback form, same thing here. Just send the doc and I can fill it in.

Ok, I will send it over in a little bit.

Thank you.

And good to hear you had such a great time @UltiArjan!

I suspect your Ultimaker was very popular?

oh gawd I have unleashed the comments leading to off topic.

I'll fill out the form.

/ON topic:

How was the new Cura, what's new? Tell us some things about it :D

@Jeex wrote a detailed report about his thoughts :)

@sander

any news of uploading the last ulti-meeting. Is the video somewhere already?

still the Same question remains

@sander

ik geloof ook niet dat we wat met mijn suggestie gaan doen?

I ll try a bit longer. maybe annoyance beats ignorance :-)

Posted Jun 22, 2015 - 3:19 PM

Edit post

@sander

@korneel, Hi! Just got back from my holidays, sorry for the late reply.

Doing a lot of reading today. Your suggestions, you mean the ulti-evening theme to be about maintenance you suggested on the first page?

I discussed this with my colleague Marrit, whom I usually organize the events with and we are keeping it in mind for a future edition :) So don't give up hope yet :)

And here is the video of the June edition.

And here is the video of the June edition.

@sander: maybe a misunderstanding I meant a complete video this is just merchandising. I always talked about the whole evening or at least the presentations. still don't get it why there is no better exploitation of this great feature to get people involved and informed on the activity. a lost opportunity.

• Like 1

If a proper full sesion video can't be uploaded/edited/translated. Could we have online video of the talks in streaming? This way more people from far away (hi from spain) could join this evenings.

Hi @greengecko & @neotko,

then I think there was indeed a miscommunication, we don't have a full video so I wouldn't have kept you waiting.

Following the demand we are moving towards a more detailed and documented way to share the content from the Ulti-evenings. Yesterday was the last edition with Roos Meerman whom you may know from our story. We will document her presentation, even though it has some similarities with the info shared in the story. The wow-factor of blowing up some prints live is something we unfortunately can't share over the internet ;)

• Like 1