SandervG

Ulti-evening June 15th

Posted · Ulti-evening June 15th

Hmmm...while those Ultievening videos are nicely made their information content is almost zero. I strongly recommend to record presentations and make them available online. This gives UM people less work to do, the videos are much quicker available and the community would benefit much more. I mean, there is nothing Ultimaker has to cover about those presentations, right? It's not that making a video or stream of such an event/presentation would make UM loose one cent... of course you don't have to make a live video of all the individual discussions...

btw (a bit off-topic): what happened to the plans to have an Ultievening outside the Netherlands? E.g. in Germany? Is UM still willing to participate in such an event or is it now the distributor's task to organize such an event?

Well, the presentations are in Dutch. So we would need to add subtitles.

Some may got it pinned down, but I don't expect everyone to have excellent presentation skills. Then a presentation may not be the best way, a summary would be more pleasant to read.

In a text you can also scroll faster to another part without missing stuff. We could use the presentation as the starting point.

The plans to go international are still there. It was kinda pushed back due to a lack of time, because several other things came up. We were considering starting in Belgium and Germany.

Would you be interested to see if you can contribute in this concept?

It is not solely the distributor's task, but they could pitch in too.

Posted (edited) · Ulti-evening June 15th

Well, what about having selected presentations in English and record them? E.g. the new Cura presentation would have been a hot candidate. And I'm pretty sure Daid and Arjen as software engineers are fluent enough in English... ;)

btw: We are all humans, nobody is perfect (you would for instance not want to hear me speak French). We are not machines, we just deal with them... :)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

btw: We are all humans, nobody is perfect (you would for instance not want to hear me speak French). We are not machines, we just deal with them... :)

Me , i want ! Repeat after me @dim3nsioneer : " voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir ? "

And I'm pretty sure Daid and Arjen as software engineers are fluent enough in English... ;)

You are going to be hard pressed to find a software engineer that isn't fluent in English in the Netherlands ;)

okay my Impression was all presentations are recorded. if not maybe this is an easy scoring point in the future. such videos could be a real asset and potentially would draw people's attention when looking for reasons why to buy an Ultimaker.

I am not talking about live streaming and google handouts but these were there initially and maybe even make the meetings in the Netherlands more interesting if there are worldwide questions and spectators.

enough back to my prints...

Dutch speak to text translator of YouTube isn't a killer but sometimes does the job.

@SandervG, get a tutorial on how to get the Poly working in the FabLab, and make sure it is aimed right. Instant live stream.