The future

SandervG

@Dim3nsioneer, I actually typed the words "Well, it's starting to look like a forum" but then I deleted it :D

Small nag for now, in e-mail notifications. I would very much prefer to have the entire message (for a PM for example) rather than a snippet. There's no reason to truncate the message so you have to go to the forum to read it. Also, make the text black instead of very low contrast gray (I'd love to hear the reasoning behind that colour choice from the designer).

Posted · The future

aww you are all too kind! ;)

Well, we have already made progress, from complaining we are now moving to naggin! :p

I'll write it down. But, if you can only reply through the forum you have to go there anyway.

So, where do you think would lie the biggest improvement?

Please please add sticker post with curated info from the administrators. There are really good posts and info about solving common stuff. Even a sticker pointing to the new ultimaker app for begginers would help.

Yes :D

Posted · The future

Ok!

Well.. .. tadaaa ;)

For example, this topic will always be on top.

• Like 2

Great!

• Like 1

1 vid is missing and usefull is actually spelled as useful ;)

A search function which actually finds the posts I'm looking for? ;)

Posted (edited) · The future
    Well, we have already made progress, from complaining we are now moving to naggin! :p

I'll write it down. But, if you can only reply through the forum you have to go there anyway.

Just wait till I turn up my nag game ;)

Sure, you'll have to visit to reply. BUT, often you don't need to reply and in those cases it's a hell of a lot more convenient to just read the whole post in the e-mail you're already reading. I don't see how truncating the message adds any value? Unless the code monkeys are charging per line of code?

edit: Also, is anyone else still getting the "load forever bug"? As in, the page is loaded so you can read everything etc, but there's something still lagging behind making the loading icon spin forever.

Edited by Guest

Posted · The future

1 vid is missing and usefull is actually spelled as useful ;)

Yes.. like I said.. nagging ;)

jk @Titus!

@Dim3nsioneer, We have improved the search feature again, but it is still on the list to improve even further! Do you still often can't find what you are looking for?

For me sometimes it is very accurate, and sometimes I can't find a certain topic I am looking for. It certainty isn't flawless no.

@IRobertI, for me direct messages take long to load, besides that everything is pretty fast.

@Dim3nsioneer, We have improved the search feature again, but it is still on the list to improve even further! Do you still often can't find what you are looking for?

For me sometimes it is very accurate, and sometimes I can't find a certain topic I am looking for. It certainty isn't flawless no.

The more oviously it should find a post or thread the less it does. A good example is the search term "Olsson block" where I would expect the multiple-hundred-posts-thread of Anders Olsson righ on top but which is not even on the first page.

I continue searching with Google for the time being.

@SandervG Should the mail notification work by now? I am subscribed to a lot of topics but have never ever received an email notification for any of those even though there are new replies and I also get notified about those in the forum via the built-in notifications. Sometimes these even take me to the last unread reply...

Posted · The future

Hi @Reibuehl, yes it should work!

And until today I was under the impression it did work.

To be sure, you do get notification (the bell) but just not through email. Right?

I have forwarded this bug to our dev team and I we'll work towards a solution asap.

Thank you for bringing this up!

To be sure,  you do get notification (the bell) but just not through email. Right?

Yes, the bell icon shows if there are new notifications.

I received a ghost notification 1 hour ago for this topic. Anybody else too?

Me too.

I also got the notification

Edited by Guest

Well, now you three are here, I think that proves two things:

1. You are ghosts

2. Ultimaker can look into the future

:D

Edited by Guest

Posted · The future

I love it, great vote from me.