ultimaker 2 pause bug?

cozmogeek

Posted · ultimaker 2 pause bug?

I was printing 4 identical parts just now, the first of which was on the front left side of the print bed. The 2nd part started printing (rear right side) and I decided to pause it and pop the first one off so I could check it out. Well apparently the printer forgot that it had just printed something right there and it rammed the hotend right into the part that had just finished printing. Clearly there's some logic missing in the firmware to tell it how high the head needs to be to avoid hitting anything, or it just needs to lower the bed all the way when you pause.

Hi,

I'm not sure this can be considered as a bug but i can understand the behaviour is not the best.

Cura will let you print several items as long as the height of the items is not bigger than the gantry height (height of the rods when starting a print).

I don't think it's possible for the firmware to remember that something was printed along the pause path, i'm guessing that the firmware could be modified to lower the bed to at least the gantry height + head height to avoid this in the future

that's a feature, it removed your print for you!! ;) Seriously tho, I've had this happen to me and its damn frustrating if you're swapping filament on a long print and it knocks your object off the platter.. the fix seems like it would be a simple one, drop the bed before you move the head?

• Like 1

My print was well stuck actually the head just smashed it then skipped an inch worth of steps in 2 directions until it pushed itself around the print. When I tried to resume I realized that it was way off and needed to be re-homed so I ended up having to cancel it anyway.