Thoughts about the new Cura

jeex

Posted · Thoughts about the new Cura

Why this whole long polemic? Because I hate whiners.

Well, don't become one then.

You want it changed? Change it yourself.

Isn't that what I did? https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/16718-new-cura-theme-fixes

I think I was being constructive. I have not seen much whining in this thread.

• Like 1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, the layer view is kinda messed up to say the least. I made a video as it's easier than trying to describe it. The part where the screen is going blank is not due to the capture btw, that's what I see "live".

Well, the layer view is kinda messed up to say the least. I made a video as it's easier than trying to describe it. The part where the screen is going blank is not due to the capture btw, that's what I see "live".

That makes it a lot clearer. I've redone some of the layer view stuff, so it could be that i've already fixed this.

Also; the layerview not showing in the start is correct; The progress bar in the bottom shows that it's still calculating the view, but it could be clearer.

• 1 month later...

Change build platform anyone ?

Am i the only one here who CANT use new CURA because i cant change platform size and max height for my build volume ?

Or the new CURA was made only for ultimaker printers ?

Thank s!

Am i the only one here who CANT use new CURA because i cant change platform size and max height for my build volume ?

Or the new CURA was made only for ultimaker printers ?

Thank s!

Hi Tony, it is not made only for Ultimaker printers, but you have to understand we can only dedicate our precious time to implement our own hardware. Just like with the previous version, we didn't launch with other brands, but when those profiles send to us we can include them.

Posted (edited) · Thoughts about the new Cura

There is even a guide (and an awesome generator made by quillford) which can be found here;

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura#making-profiles-for-other-printers

Edited by gr5

I stumble upon a lot of small but inconvenient bugs. Like placing multiple objects on (and not outside) the plate. Or like multiplying objects. Or like a second monitor, where Cura (the new one) simply does not work.

I made a short video, that's easyer to explain. It's not edited, so there are some black seconds in between the shots.

1) In the first shot i multiply an object. The old cura does that perfectly.

2) In the second shot i try to use the new Cura, but on the second monitor (my Mac Pro 4.1 has three monitors) selecting an object is impossible.

3) In the second shot you see the party in my monitor when starting up the new Cura.

4) In the fourth shot you see attempts to multiply (where did that function go?) and replace the objects ON the glass and not beside it. Simply not possible. Have to do it manually for each object.

Edited by Guest

The multiply function isn't in the new cura yet, I expect it to be in the 16.01 release though.

We've not tested multiple monitors, so it could be there are issues there. Could you create a github issue about that?

And placement on the glass in stead of next to it. It works great in the old Cura but is really hopeless now.

Edited by Guest

Maybe it would be a good idea to call The New Cura an Alpha-version. Lot of things aren't there yet, and lot of things go wrong.

As mentioned earlyer, i'm struggling with multiple objects on the plate. I just printed (or tried to) three objects. The third object was floating.

I do not understand why that part of the old cura has to be redesigned. That really works fine in the old version.

Because it was a complete mess of spagetti code. Yes it worked, but any change resulted in tons of issues elsewhere.

Could you log the issue on github?