Lez86

brassfill (and copperfill etc)

Posted · brassfill (and copperfill etc)

I have just done a couple of test prints using brassfill, and the print was completely stuck to the glass plate both times.

i used the settings recommended on the colorfabb website but both times trying to remove the print resulted in the print breaking it was stuck so bad. I swear this stuff is like cement.

any tips?

also whats the best way to polish it. ive taken sandpaper/ wet & dry to it, but not overly impressed with the finish. maybe a dremmel with polish attachment?

Posted · brassfill (and copperfill etc)

Hi.

I used the copperfill but i had the exacte opposite problem, i didn't stick to the glass plate. Then i bought some kapton tape and i had no more problem. Tought if the piece stick too much (and for every materials) i use a point the base to ustick it.

In thew orst case if you use the kapton tape you can undo it with the piece.

i use a 0.8 nozzle, i print a 193° with a 0.1 height layer and i use the default speed.

For the polish, i use a 80 sand papper then a 600 with hot water to have a very soft surface (watch out to don't deform the piece) the i use a product called the brillanteur (it's a french polish)