printing good quality and slow

Posted · printing good quality and slow

I want to know how to make the ultimaker 2 print slow with out getting the filament bitten in the filament feeder to get good quality I´ve noticed that depending on the code it may not stick to the heating bed and not really all times are heating bed calibration, also noticed that it goes too fast around corners or small radius parts

here are some samples

20150619_0008471_zpsockzfiw3.jpg

looks ok but take a closer look to the bottom

20150619_0009261_zpsfevkmlrc.jpg

Ive tried many ways and I have noticed also the direction of the layers have a great influence on how does the final print comes out

20150614_0227481_zpswsk55oqm.jpg

same figure could look bad or worst depending on the position .

what would be your setting for pla going unde 30 mm per seccond? and what about corners?

Posted · printing good quality and slow

you can slow acceleration under the motion settings on the printer, this can help. I have mine set to 1200

you can also adjust jerk if needed.

when printing slow adjust the nozzle temp as low as possible to help improve the quality. at 30mm/s I print at 190deg nozzle and 50deg bed at 0.1 layer height.

Not sure about your adhesion problem though. A thin layer of glue should be fine for that print but printing on painters tape helps with things like the toes if you don't want brim.

Here are a couple of my frogs that were printed quite slow

5a330ed845674_TreeFrogFinger.thumb.JPG.b49a4b5eefbe1b0f9aa3186eca2adf87.JPG

5a330ed8f2139_TreeFrogKeyboard.thumb.JPG.4e8fdc9358328c553c03a1056c113fe2.JPG

5a330ed845674_TreeFrogFinger.thumb.JPG.b49a4b5eefbe1b0f9aa3186eca2adf87.JPG

5a330ed8f2139_TreeFrogKeyboard.thumb.JPG.4e8fdc9358328c553c03a1056c113fe2.JPG

• Like 2