Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
nambass

DIY Ultimaker - power supply

Hi Everyone

I am almost done with my DIY Ultimaker 2 Extended. But now I need to know the pin outs for the power connector.

the board use the 4pin Mini-din connector.

I do have a 24v power supply, really do not want to fry my board by connecting the power cables the wrong way.

the connector I use is this one: http://www.hspcon.com/product/a/mini-din/power-plug/mini-din-power-plug-a-9099.php

Hi Nambass,

Did you source the entire Ultimaker 2 Extended yourself?

Because we don't sell a DIY-version. If we want to help you troubleshoot or point you in the right direction it is valuable information to determine if you are working with official Ultimaker parts or if you have sourced everything yourself.

Do you have a picture to share of your machine?

Thanks and good luck!

Hi SandervG

Here's a image of my build so far. I changed the height to be 480mm and kept the width and length the same so that the standard bed and belts will work. The stepper drives I sourced form South Africa and the controller and bearings I sourced from AliExpress. I also included the image of the controller. Most of the other parts I made myself on my CNC and with my printed with my Mendel90.

The body was cut from MDF 6mm.

The electronics is standard meaning the standard connections should work.

5a330efa95fcb_UM2XL.thumb.jpg.14d3835113634c944f068792b8d462c4.jpg

Ulticontroller.thumb.jpg.2c2a49361e0381aeea5682743b060ac4.jpg

5a330efa95fcb_UM2XL.thumb.jpg.14d3835113634c944f068792b8d462c4.jpg

Ulticontroller.thumb.jpg.2c2a49361e0381aeea5682743b060ac4.jpg

• Like 1

Well, Am still new to 3d printing and learn a lot still. But will post some pics once I manage to get it printed. I plan to use it for various prints, Drone parts, etc. I did manage to get the pinouts, by using my multi meter so hopefully I will not get the magic black smoke.

Once successful, I am more than willing to share my cut files and other dimensions if needed.

• Like 1