Filament stuck in nozzle – Temperatures?

tekknik

Posted · Filament stuck in nozzle – Temperatures?

Hi

I got a problem with my printer.

I got a Print which takes about 48hours. To reduce the time i switched from 0,1mm to 0,2mm layerthickness @ 35mm/s over all Speed. at the beginning it works well but when i came back to the office today the print looks like this. (see picture).

Now the nozzle is blocked. So hard that serveral times trying the atomic method to clean it didnt work.

The Feeder also grindet the Filamnet on the back of the printer. So i guess it got stuck at some part.

So i have to move the nozzle and change to the spare one. how can i clean the blocked nozzle when it is removed?

And 2nd question: which tempretures should i use for differents printspeeds. iam using PLA.

IMG_2889.thumb.jpg.51c6636eb46b46fafddd3000a14f1f6a.jpg

IMG_2892.thumb.jpg.8670fd56a072e72ad342f09bd388802b.jpg

IMG_2889.thumb.jpg.51c6636eb46b46fafddd3000a14f1f6a.jpg

IMG_2892.thumb.jpg.8670fd56a072e72ad342f09bd388802b.jpg

Posted · Filament stuck in nozzle – Temperatures?

It is either the nozzle blocked or the filament has got tangled.

Before stripping the print head use the 'atomic' clean up of the nozzle as the first approach. That should clear any junk. If the nozzle stays blocked, then I use the shaft end of a 0.4mm drill bit into the nozzle hole. You have to heat the nozzle to about 200C to soften anything in there, then gently push the drill end in. Once it is in place, slide it up and down to clear the hole. You will have to wrap some tape around the drill to stop you're self getting burnt. Take car and don't break the drill.

I use the machine default temperature of 210C for all my PLA work.