SandervG

We made it, the New Cura

Posted · We made it, the New Cura

Okay tried it out....despite the settings being Ultimaker Original and No Heated Bed, if you go to use this, the Ultimaker Original sits at "Heating bed".

Umm, you guys test this stuff, right?  ;)

We did test, quite a bit. But... well, all our originals where upgraded to + or heated bed upgrade status. So that was missed.

There is a workaround, you can enable the heated bed setting and set that to 0, that will work around this problem till we have a fix out.

Well, some time has passed. Is it safe for a newbie with an ultimaker original to try it yet?

1.99 is pretty stable and I have been using it for quite a few weeks now with few problems.

1.99 is pretty stable and I have been using it for quite a few weeks now with few problems.

Same here.

While I have found 1.99 stable, the layer view stutters quite badly, in that when dragging the layer slider up and down, it's really not smooth, whereas 15.04 (which I still use for production) is much smoother on layer view.

Same here.

I'm new to GitHub but would this be the place for end users to look to find out if the current version is "stable" enough for their personal sense of adventure level?

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/labels/bug

Also since depending on use and feature expectations..... one man's "pretty stable" is another man's "totally unusable". :)

I'm new to GitHub but would this be the place for end users to look to find out if the current version is "stable" enough for their personal sense of adventure level?

No. We actually only do public tracking there. Most of the (bug) tracking is done on a private tracker that can do a whole lot more than the shitty one github provides.

The best way to see if there is a stable release is to wait for the release. Inbetween releases tend to be somewhat stable and nightly tend to be unstable (although nightlies can be stable...)