Are the screw packs supposed to be labeled?

rlrcstr

Posted · Are the screw packs supposed to be labeled?

Just got my Original+ kit... I see in the instructions that each part has a number in parenthesis next to it. For example, "bolts M3 x 12mm (1203)".

What is the 1203? None of the screw packs have any labels on them. Is the 12mm measurement from the top of the head of the bolt to the bottom, or is that just the threaded part?

Perhaps this is a silly question, but I don't want to get half way through and discover that I used the wrong bolt at some point.

Thanks.

J

12mm is from bottom of head to end of screw. Basically the threaded part.

Don't worry about running out of a screw size as you can get these very easily in most hardware stores. What country do you live in? Pleae update your profile.

99.9% of the screws and nuts in the UMO are 3mm, standard thread (I think standard is .5mm per thread) (versus extra fine thread which is harder to find in stores). Also almost everything has a 2mm hex head. I'm in the USA and they are found in the metric section and usually called "M3" screws (metric 3mm) and they are also called "button head screws" versus countersunk, round head, flat head, etc.

Thanks. Got it. Seems the bag of 16mm screws contains a lot of 14mm screws... But with the spare parts bag, I think I will make it. Working on the heated bed, now. Can't find anything that looks like a strain relief clip in the kit. I wish they had better pictures.

I can do it for you if you indicate IrobertI versus gr5.

Both answers are correct, but you (gr5) gave a more complete answer so I suppose that's the "best" answer.