Export sliced layers as PDF

k123456

Posted (edited) · Export sliced layers as PDF

hi everyone.

I download and install "Cura 12.12A" on my win8.1-64 machine.

I would like to know could I export the sliced layer of STL file as PDF?

thank u 4 ur time.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Export sliced layers as PDF

You can install repetier host (it's free) and load the gcode file into that, then on the right select "show single layer" and choose the layer. Then click "view" "top", zoom in and take a screen shot. That will show a 10mm background grid to help you make measurements if that's desired. That gives you a png or jpg. To convert to pdf you would need some tool such as adobe distiller or third party pdf creation tool.

You can install repetier host (it's free) and load the gcode file into that, then on the right select "show single layer" and choose the layer.  Then click "view" "top", zoom in and take a screen shot.  That will show a 10mm background grid to help you make measurements if that's desired.  That gives you a png or jpg.  To convert to pdf you would need some tool such as adobe distiller or third party pdf creation tool.

thank u, very much

Ill check this. I download it and it sounds complicated! I have to work on it.

You can install repetier host (it's free) and load the gcode file into that, then on the right select "show single layer" and choose the layer.  Then click "view" "top", zoom in and take a screen shot.  That will show a 10mm background grid to help you make measurements if that's desired.  That gives you a png or jpg.  To convert to pdf you would need some tool such as adobe distiller or third party pdf creation tool.

I checked your solution. This is great and it works.

I am wondering could I find a macro or write it to do this saving cycle automatically?

I would like to have sth like this:

1- slice the job

2-make the top view as default

3-save jpg or pdf or png.

4- go to the next layer.

repeat the cycle!

could U give me some suggestion?

thx alot