frank26080115

Replacement bowden tube size confusion

Posted · Replacement bowden tube size confusion

I need to replace my Ultimaker2 bowden tube, the github repo https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2/blob/master/1266_Bowden_tube_(x1)/B1266-Z2P-A.pdf says that the tube is 1/4" OD 1/8" ID, but I ordered one and it... it doesn't seem the same when compared to the one that shipped with my Ultimaker2. Maybe it's supposed to be 1/4" OD 3/16" ID?

Posted · Replacement bowden tube size confusion

No that's right: 1/4 outer, 1/8 inner. The problem is the tolerance is not so good on these tubes as they are used with airconditioners and the inner diameter isn't consistent.

So ultimaker buys a huge roll and tests the tubes by passing filament through or something similar and throws lots of the tube away. you can buy some "extra slippery" tubes through 3dsolex.com (or gr5.org/store/ in usa). Oh - the tube isn't in my store yet as I only have one in stock but if you are in USA or Canada or Mexico then contact me and I'll give you pricing - I think it might be $8 - I forget. Mine are very slippery on the inside. Otherwise 3dsolex.com. Well fbrc8.com sells them also I believe (USA only). What country are you in anyway?