Is the forum dying?

macua85

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Is the forum dying?

I agree. Things like a monthly Show Your Print, Best Add-Ons for the Ultimaker printers and so much more. Everyone likes Free Filament! Ultimaker loves to showcase unique projects on their site, this should help provide many more

• Like 1

Problem is the fee filament will be supplied by Ultimaker and will keep breaking in the bowden tube, so will end up being more of a booby prize :)

No worries, should be fixed soon-ish.

I think some monthly competitions, and a bit of self promotion could go a long way towards gaining attention.

hey hey hey! Stop giving away my plans! ... give it another week / couple of days ;)

• Like 3

I agree.  Things like a monthly Show Your Print, Best Add-Ons for the Ultimaker printers and so much more.  Everyone likes Free Filament!  Ultimaker loves to showcase unique projects on their site, this should help provide many more

and it will be waaaay cooler than free filament! 8)
    • Like 1

I agree.  Things like a monthly Show Your Print, Best Add-Ons for the Ultimaker printers and so much more.  Everyone likes Free Filament!  Ultimaker loves to showcase unique projects on their site, this should help provide many more

The only thing cooler than free filament is free printers :p

• Like 4

Posted (edited) · Is the forum dying?

I would preffer a visit to the secret R & D site at Ultimaker (with nondisclosure agreement and all that ofc).

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

whoo.. hold your horses! We may have been able to find soooomething in between. :p

I would preffer a visit to the secret R & D site at Ultimaker (with nondisclosure agreement and all that ofc).

As cool as that may is, I don't see that going through. But.. I do feel very lucky all of the sudden passing that super secret R&D site later today ;)

Well, how about Ultimaker coffee mugs? :)

But you understand the ideas being presented. You certainly have a core bunch of forum visitors and a few that appear when they have an issue. And while construction on the forum happened at a bad time, there are plenty of ways to lure people back.

One thing that impresses me about this forum is that staff respond, both to Private Messages and when tagged in posts. Help arrives soon. You should emphasize that.

• Like 1

whoo.. hold your horses! We may have been able to find soooomething in between. :p

Closer to filament or closer to printer? :p

like exaaaaaaaactly in the middle! :p

Come one, let me hold on to some of its mysteries! ;)

You'll know soon enough.

Closer to filament or closer to printer? :p

Free old test prints :p ?

Spare parts?

Upgrades for machines?

IMHO it should be something which is not available for buying (no - I don't mean a copy of Cura... ;) Ultimaker T-Shirts would be cool). This makes a competition much more fun. Or put the other way round: If you e.g. win a foto camera in a fotography contest, this is just a bit booring...you already proved that you are capable of making good pictures then...

• Like 1

You'll know soon enough.

Knowing is not fun...guessing is... ;)

• Like 1

You win a picture of one of your beloved moderators, how cool is that! And grand prize is a tshirt with my face on it :)

You win a picture of one of your beloved moderators, how cool is that! And grand prize is a tshirt with my face on it :)

Only if you wear the orange moustache!
    • Like 2

[...] And grand prize is a tshirt with my face on it :)

Hmmm... long time to wait for next Halloween... :p;)

• Like 1

You'll know soon enough.

This is a really good idea, a great boost for a great community :)

• Like 2

I would like to have a direct phone number to the owner of ultimaker so I can complain about all my prints that fail. Lmao Jk Ultimaker head cheeses please dont send your complainer-seeking-ultimaker-robots after me.

ha ha, I'm sure you can blame yourself for most of your failed prints... so just call yourself....

• Like 1

please dont send your complainer-seeking-ultimaker-robots after me.

Well... Thats a good idea. We should make complainer killer robots!

• Like 2

if you had them at the release of the new forum then there wouldn't be to many UM owners left alive. :p

• Like 4

if you had them at the release of the new forum then there wouldn't be to many UM owners left alive. :p

watch it buddy! :p
    • Like 1