Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

OK, I'm new. I think I want to try one of the improved fan mounts people have made.

Does anybody have experience comparing them. A lot of them look similar. Is there one that stands out above the rest?

What material would you recommend making the fan mount out of? Is there a high temp filament?

I do not have the Olsson Hot End.

Ultimaker 2 fan mount - DUAL by venkel

Ultimaker 2 Fan Mount by Spirit

UM2 Dual Fan Shroud by Labern

Ultimaker 2 fan mount double by zerspaner.gerd

Support Dual fan for UM2  by Duriel

Ultimaker 2 Fan Shroud by cor3ys

Fan Base UM2 by Zetoff

Fanduct - another idea by venkel

Ultimaker 2 fan mount - 40mm by venkel

Fan Mount (UM2 + Olsson block) by mechaMecha

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Hi,

what I can say now, after over nine month of usage, is that the Fan Base UM2 by Zetoff work very well and I'm very satisfied with the results :)

Adding, ad described, a little metal shield (... from a beer can :D ) , I don't have had any problem of deformation due to temperature of the hot-end :)

Certainly I recommend it!

Only one negative point ... to mount and dismount ... you have to remove the fans first ... :(

Guglielmo