Infill not showing and not printing in Cura 15.06.02

zews

Posted (edited) · Infill not showing and not printing in Cura 15.06.02

I am having multiple issues with Cura 15.06.02, the latest being that Infill is not showing nor printing.

I have set Infill to 20%. It is showing up fine is Cura 15.02.1 as you can see in the yellow lines in this image:

5a330fb53a481_ScreenShot2015-07-26at4_11_51PM.thumb.png.fd98cc1cbb11d10e81e0f480b1a52203.png

However in Cura 15.06.02 the same 20% Infill does not show, nor does it print. I had to abort the print, because the result would be a hollow part, which can not be used.

5a330fb62d69b_ScreenShot2015-07-26at4_13_34PM.thumb.png.4c823ff69a6565826e2c1cd36126f523.png

Even when I set Infill to 100% Cura still shows the part as hollow, and the printing time does not change. Both the lack of infill as well as no change between 20 and 100% seem to be bugs.

I am now printing the part after slicing with Cura 15.02.1 and the infill is printing beautifully.

5a330fb53a481_ScreenShot2015-07-26at4_11_51PM.thumb.png.fd98cc1cbb11d10e81e0f480b1a52203.png

5a330fb62d69b_ScreenShot2015-07-26at4_13_34PM.thumb.png.4c823ff69a6565826e2c1cd36126f523.png

Edited by Guest

Posted · Infill not showing and not printing in Cura 15.06.02

I have made a video to illustrate this issue further. The video also shows and additional issue that makes version 15.02.1 better than 15.06.02. Unfortunately uploading video is not allowed in this forum, only image files. Sometimes video explains issues so much better than images.

Sadly, the latest Cura version shows multiple issues on my machine. A few seem bugs. UM support tells me that several are known bugs that the engineers are working on. Other issues are annoyances, that one has to fiddle with to work around. I would still call those bugs. I would love to be able to show some of those in videos, since it is too cumbersome to describe them accurately in words. I also find that solutions won't be forthcoming any time soon, since most of the people in this forum are users like myself and not engineers.

This version of Cura does not seem much more than beta software to me that was not yet ready for release.

You can still upload your video to youtube and embed it here ;)

Have you tried with a different infill pattern?

Also a new release of the latest Cura was released yesterday i believe, version 15.06.03 maybe it's worth a try.

And developers do answer on the forum but you can understand they have a lot of things to do at the moment, so obviously some topics are not always answered fast

So yeah, this slipped through. Sorry bout that.

The new Cura does not quite handle things in the same way the old one does. The old one actually parsed g-code to show the layer view. The new version gets polygons from the engine which it uses to display the layers. If I remember correctly we haven't implemented the infill part of this yet.

It should print, so I have no idea where that is from. Post an issue on Github so we can assign it and attempt to fix it.

Posted (edited) · Infill not showing and not printing in Cura 15.06.02

@nallath

Still no infill in layer view in 15.06.03. Nor infill printing. Is there going to be an update of this bug soon. Without reliable infill I really am not able to use this software.

Edited by Guest

If it wasn't in the change log, don't be suprised it's not in the version ;) But as you can see in the github issue, awhiemstra already fixed this, which means it should be in the 15.10 release.

Actually I think this is a bug where if the walls are a little "too" close together it won't print infill. I've seen this on cylindrical parts also with a small cross section. Someone already posted this issue on the Cura issue tracker complete with sampel STL file.