ernest2

Ultimaker Original / Ultimaker 2 / 3d Printer Builder Dual Feed

Posted · Ultimaker Original / Ultimaker 2 / 3d Printer Builder Dual Feed

You can put even x4 fans to um2 board. That's what I have on my umo+. They are 80 milliamps. So I'm using 320 milliamps. It works nice. But when I connected once long ago a crossflow fan with 360 milliamps the thingy that regulated the pwm blowed. So I would check the mamps to not go beyond 300milliamps. In parallel ofc. Just check that the fans allow pwm because I bought ones from e3d of 30x30 24v and they didn't had pwm.

Sander, can I just ask - did you literally just solder the four fan wires together (2 black + 2 Red) to one cable with two wires that goes into a single fan port or did you use two fan ports? I am about to do this mod and don't want to blow my board up :). I've got 2 x 24V fans.

Yes I did. I merged the 2 cables into 1. Good luck!

You can put even x4 fans to um2 board. That's what I have on my umo+. They are 80 milliamps. So I'm using 320 milliamps. It works nice. But when I connected once long ago a crossflow fan with 360 milliamps the thingy that regulated the pwm blowed. So I would check the mamps to not go beyond 300milliamps. In parallel ofc. Just check that the fans allow pwm because I bought ones from e3d of 30x30 24v and they didn't had pwm.

Forget about this... The thingy died with the fans. F*%#!$ So yeah you better stay with way less amps... I hate the pwm of the um 2.1.1 board, sorry but I really do.

glad I put my 2th pair of fans on an external power supply :p