New 2.2 Kg spools from FormFutura

personal-drones

Posted · New 2.2 Kg spools from FormFutura

500m would be how many Kilos? In the Formfutura I like the fact that it is wrapped very "large" on the spool, so there should not be the "end of spool" problem, that you normally have with 750 gr spools.

A little bit more than 4 kilograms... :)

And I thought I was so cool with my miserable 2.2 Kg :)

You are. Because you're using it while I used just a few grams from that spool (lack of time...).

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · New 2.2 Kg spools from FormFutura

2.2kg... such a cute little roll... 4kg... still quite a small one...

5a330fd8dbe5d_2015-07-3017_42_33.thumb.jpg.4da0c01155b8dab8b3b5720c1ccab7c0.jpg

6.8kg or about 860m roll, cost is about 300$+shipping

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

2.2kg... such a cute little roll... 4kg... still quite a small one...

6.8kg or about 860m roll, cost is about 300$+shipping

Where did you get it? Does it fit the Ultimaker2 spoolholder on the back?

I love the turntable, and that whole setup. Nice machine! Does the heavy spool spin easily enough to feed without a problem?

I noticed Madesolid started offering 5 lb spools of a couple colors of PETG. Their prices are high though, so I haven't tried one yet.

• Like 1

I love the turntable, and that whole setup. Nice machine!   Does the heavy spool spin easily enough to feed without a problem?

Thank you Chrisw! It spins fine, however mind that I am using a spool holder with bearings

http://www.3dprinterstore24.de/Filament-Filamentzubehoer/Filament-Zubehoer/Spoolholder-fuer-Ultimaker-2-KUGELGELAGERT::122.html

The Ultimaker top cover and bottom drawer are also from the same store, excellent well made stuff.

At the very beginning I had to re-put the filament on track as it had an inclination to slide out of the spool. This was during the first 15-30' of print. However I am now at 45 hours print (and still 5 hours to go), mostly unattended, for a big 3DHubs order and no problems at all. So I would indeed recommend these spools for the UM.

I got it off the re:3D store: http://shop.re3d.org/collections/3mm-filament/products/15lb-spool-of-3mm-high-quality-filament

I have not actually used the roll on a Ultimaker at all, but on a re:3D Gigabot XL: http://shop.re3d.org/collections/gigabot-3d/products/gigabot-bigger-volume ;)

• Like 1

I got it off the re:3D store: http://shop.re3d.org/collections/3mm-filament/products/15lb-spool-of-3mm-high-quality-filament

I have not actually used the roll on a Ultimaker at all, but on a re:3D Gigabot XL: http://shop.re3d.org/collections/gigabot-3d/products/gigabot-bigger-volume ;)

Thx! Big spool for big printer :)