Cura 15.06.3

SandervG

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

Hi All,

We made some improvements to the New Cura, which can be downloaded here.

Some of the new features:

• New firmware: 15.04.2
  • Abort print if any move would result in printing outside the build volume.
  • Slightly reduce motor current to reduce the chance of overheating.
  • Pause now accounts for different models that have already been printed and will not cause a double retraction on abort.

If you have an Ultimaker Original, or if you just prefer to use the Old Cura, you can download the latest firmware (15.04.2) as well, right here.

Enjoy! :)

Posted (edited) · Cura 15.06.3
    If you have an Ultimaker Original, or if you just prefer to use the Old Cura,

Should we not be using New Cura with the Ultimaker Original? How so?

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

Well yes you could, but a few wizards that are still being used like calibration and first run wizard are not in the New Cura. Dual Extrusion isn't in the New Cura yet either.

For that reason we recommend the Old Cura, but if you don't have or use those things, you would be fine :) hope that answers your question.

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

Sorry, but the debian package is still broken:

$ CuraEngine CuraEngine: error while loading shared libraries: libprotobuf.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This package is a mess. It actually includes pieces of google's protobuf and python3-protobuf which are going to conflict with their OS counterparts. Nevertheless libprotobuf.so.10 is NOT included.

And what about the x86 version. Gone forever?

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

It actually includes pieces of google's protobuf and python3-protobuf which are going to conflict with their OS counterparts. Nevertheless libprotobuf.so.10 is NOT included.

We're statically building lib protobuff because of LTS reasons, but something went wrong in our build script. It's going to be fixed soon. Thanks for reporting it.

And what about the x86 version. Gone forever?

Yes. We're not going to support that anymore. You're free to spent time on it, but there just aren't enough people using it for us to spend the amount of time needed to make it work.

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

Was the build plate temperature bug in the UMO fixed? Or do we still need to do the manual fix?

Thanks!

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

Was the build plate temperature bug in the UMO fixed?  Or do we still need to do the manual fix?

Thanks!

Uhm. Could you remind me what the bug was again?

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

Was the build plate temperature bug in the UMO fixed?

The bug where it would try to heat the bed if it wasn't manually set to zero? Yes.

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

@kodaimo Linux build should be fixed.

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

The bug where it would try to heat the bed if it wasn't manually set to zero? Yes.

Yes, that's the one!

The download page refers Ultimaker Original owners to a different version for firmware. I'm struggling to find documentation (just executables/setup) on what is in each version (change history/notes)? I'd like to know if I am current with firmware updates to my Ultimaker Original.

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

Yes, that's the one!

The download page refers Ultimaker Original owners to a different version for firmware.  I'm struggling to find documentation (just executables/setup) on what is in each version (change history/notes)?  I'd like to know if I am current with firmware updates to my Ultimaker Original.

15.04.2 is current FW for UMO. I installed it from 15.06.03 recently.

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

Just installed the new version on my MAC and it lost all my settings?

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

Just installed the new version on my MAC and it lost all my settings?

The settings from 15.04 to 15.06 were drastically changed and aren't brought over. If updating from 15.06.xx to 15.06.03, settings should not be lost.

The settings from 15.04 to 15.06 were drastically changed and aren't brought over. If updating from 15.06.xx to 15.06.03, settings should not be lost.

My previous version was 15.06.02 iirc...

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

15.06.03 on Windows still tries to write to the Cura folder in Program Files when it crashes, instead of showing the Crash Handler.

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/170

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

The settings thing... It wasn't just the one time sigh.

Cura 15.06.03 loses its settings after every shutdown... it asks me to add a printer every time it starts. MacOS 10.10.4

The settings thing... It wasn't just the one time sigh.

Cura 15.06.03 loses its settings after every shutdown... it asks me to add a printer every time it starts. MacOS 10.10.4

I'm on 10.9.5 and haven't had that issue.

[EDIT] Actually, that's not true. I had an issue with printer settings not being retained, but not printers. That was until 15.06.02 or maybe even 15.06.03.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

No issues with config files on my iMac 5K. My MacBook Pro however keeps insisting on me re-adding the printer on every startup. Already tried removing ~/.cura so it would be recreated but no luck

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

Ow and on my iMAC, the 3rd time this happens (nothing is saved in that case):

5a33100764f08_ScreenShot2015-08-06at11_56_52.thumb.png.225d59fa507b0a6f0398ee0d59d96e3f.png

I *think* it was because there was still a second object with a different name loaded (but not visible - far outside of the build volume). I've removed it and then saved again and then it assigned the name of the object on the build plate.

The mouse response for moving objects is extremely weird on my iMac5K. If i click on the object to move it it just jumps a couple cm away. I then have to drag with my mouse far outside of the object to get it back on the plate.

5a33100764f08_ScreenShot2015-08-06at11_56_52.thumb.png.225d59fa507b0a6f0398ee0d59d96e3f.png

Posted · Cura 15.06.3

The mouse response for moving objects is extremely weird on my iMac5K. If i click on the object to move it it just jumps a couple cm away. I then have to drag with my mouse far outside of the object to get it back on the plate.

Same on Windows. One of us should post this on http://github.com/ultimaker/cura/issues so it gets fixed