Nobody responds to posted topic

zews

Posted · Nobody responds to posted topic

Nobody has responded to a topic I posted 3 days ago. The topic is: Infill not showing and not printing in Cura 15.06.02.

Since I consider this a rather important issue, which makes Cura 15.06.02 unusable for me, and since nobody has responded I now wonder:

1. If nobody else is having this issue.

2. How do I bring this to the attention of the developers at Ultimaker, since obviously they do not seem to participate here.

Anybody out there with any bright ideas about this.

First of all, you have to consider that it is vacation time right now. A lot of people are off and not on the forum for the time being as they are with their families and friends.

You will soon find out that the Cura developers do read every post which is written here on the forum about Cura.

The issue you experience might indeed be an isolated one. I suggest you check all the infill settings and also the infill line width as it is hardly an issue with the driver of your graphic card due to the fact it doesn't print infill.

Last but not least I can only repeat what @neotko wrote: You have the choice between the new Cura which might still have some glitches in the current version 15.06.3 or the legacy Cura 15.04.2.

I can't (and won't) keep track of everything that's in the forum (because I can't guarantee that a topic won't slip through, like yours did), especially not stuff like bugs. A forum is simply not suited for issue handling, so we use the Github issue tracker for that (To which Cura should point you if you have a crash)

I see the forum as a great place to discuss why things aren't working but not as a good place to keep track of the issue (and the fix, if any).

Tagging me will greatly increase the chances of me reading it, as I get notifications.

@Zews, here is the link if you want to report your bug! Thanks!

Why you 'need' to use the lastest version? You could just use an older less-beta version right?

I don't "need" to use the latest version, and because in my case I cannot print infills, I indeed have not. However I would like to.

And since nobody had responded to my post I thought that it also might be possible that I was doing something, or not something, that caused the latest Cura not to create infills. In other words, it might have been me who was causing this.

The issue you experience might indeed be an isolated one.

I was considering that too.

I suggest you check all the infill settings and also the infill line width as it is hardly an issue with the driver of your graphic card due to the fact it doesn't print infill.

When I check all the infill settings in Preferences > Infill, I do not see a setting that might be related to the infill line width. I do see a setting "Infill Thickness", the default of which is 0 mm. This seems to be "The thickness of the sparse infill". I have no idea what "sparse infill" is.

@Zews, here is the link if you want to report your bug! Thanks!

I tried to sign up on the GitHub site and got stumped immediately at the Username field. I am told "Username is already taken" when I want to use, both my previously used handle as well as my actual name which is a very unusual one. (My first name is a unusual Russian name, my last name a long Polish one).

I seem to be having issues no matter what I try to do. Oh well, it seems part of what my life has been like these last four weeks. (Surgery a month ago with a month of pain, a root canal later today).

The issue you experience might indeed be an isolated one.

I was considering that too.

I suggest you check all the infill settings and also the infill line width as it is hardly an issue with the driver of your graphic card due to the fact it doesn't print infill.

When I check all the infill settings in Preferences > Infill, I do not see a setting that might be related to the infill line width. I do see a setting "Infill Thickness", the default of which is 0 mm. This seems to be "The thickness of the sparse infill". I have no idea what "sparse infill" is.

zero might be a difficult number for a line width or a fill factor. Try '0.4' instead (assuming you're printing with the standard nozzle size) and check if something changes...

Posted (edited) · Nobody responds to posted topic

zero might be a difficult number for a line width or a fill factor. Try '0.4' instead (assuming you're printing with the standard nozzle size) and check if something changes...

I tried. It does not change anything.

I did finally find the place where the "Infill line width" is. It is buried deep under Preferences > Machine > Quality > Shell Thickness > Wall Thickness > Wall Line Width! Wow really intuitive developers, ... NOT! Anyway, the default for this is .4 mm. So no, that does not change anything either.

Besides I do not think that Infill Thickness controls the "infill line width". According to the flyout, Infill Thickness is "The thickness of the sparse infill. This is rounded to a multiple of the layerheight and used to print the sparse-infill in fewer, thicker layers to save printing time."

No explanation to be found what "sparse infill" is.

What is sparse infill?

Edited by Guest

Sparse infill is what the name suggests; infill that is not massive. So setting your infill at anything that is not a 100% is sparse.

Sorry for the long wait for an answer, i've been on a short holiday last week. Catching up now.

Edited by Guest

I can't even get the rotate, scale, and mirror functions to work on any 15.06 version. 15.04 seems to work ok. Hopefully you get an answer soon.

This is an old issue that should be fixed in the cura coming out this week.

AFAIK there is no stable version of Cura coming out this week. There will be an open beta. Please let's not produce expectations which a beta cannot satisfy.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

That may be true. I thought nallath said it was coming out this week but maybe he meant a beta version only? I think somewhere nallath said the beta is already out and it should get released this week.

Beta testing starts this Friday. Afaik the next stable release should be version 15.10. But the first 'stable' release of the new Cura was originally supposed to be version 15.07, then it became 15.06. So UM is always good for a surprise... ;)

This week will be a beta. There will be bugs in it, but we did improve a ton of things compared to 15.06 (the slecting stuff is one of them).

We also added new features, so this will probably cause issues as well.

• Like 2