Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
JohnK

Start gcode

I've been using simplify3d for printing some models on my UM2, mainly models requiring support. One thing I've noticed is in the start code, the command M907 E1400 exists to increase stepper motor current.

I'd much rather use the default current on the UM2.

By removing that line, am I right in saying that the current will be controlled by the firmware on the UM2 ?

Does the same go for things like acceleration etc.. where if they are not in the gcode, they default to the machines firmware settings ?

Thanks

I think it's real stupid that they mess with the current in there default UM2 profile....

Just for info here's what I use as start code, I start mid-front iso left front so normally your 2th line would be more like X10 Y10

G28 ; home all axes

G1 X110 Y45 F3000 ; bring extruder to the front

G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length

G1 Z30 ; lower

G1 E50 F225 ; purge nozzle with 50mm of filament

G1 X80 Y60 F3000 ; move little to the side

G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length again

• Like 1

I think it's real stupid that they mess with the current in there default UM2 profile

I agree, not sure what the reasoning is behind that.

Any particular reason you have it start in the middle ?

I'm still experimenting with simpify3d, getting decent prints but sometimes not as good as I want, especially in regards to blobs/stringing.