Trouble with buying Ultimaker 2

Posted · Trouble with buying Ultimaker 2

Hello I have tried to purchase the Ultimaker 2 on the web site and have had trouble getting this processed. My Credit card company had initially blocked the card transaction, but after giving my authorization it should now be able to process. I have sent a few tickets to support, and have yet to be informed that they are able to process this order.

Do I need to place a new order or will this current order be placed, I am anxious to begin printing.

thanks Dan

@IRobertI, thanks!

Hi @Namgorf, thank you for your post.

Did you place your order in our webshop or through a reseller?

In case you have placed your order with us, could you forward me your ordernumber and contact details?

If you placed your order with one of our dedicated partners, I would recommend to get in touch with them and work towards a solution.

Looking forward hearing from you, thanks!

Posted (edited) · Trouble with buying Ultimaker 2

In 7months I have never been able to pay with the company visa. It sends you to the authorization system, and when it finish back to the shop it reports an error (no charges done 5 times I tried in different things/time). Now I just wiretransfer or paypal on that shop.

Edit: Btw if you send the cash through paypal (after talking to support) paypal charges you 0€. So it's all nice.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the responses, after support replied via email, I havebeen referred to either place a new order or use a US retailer. I was all good to buy thru the Utilimaker website because i save over 300 dollars that way. I was going to use that savings to purchase several of the filament spools. I will need to decide on whether I want to spend an additional 300 and purchase from Utilimakers website or just buy it thru the Makershed website.

Any idea on how long it will be for shipping to the US?

I wish there was some sort of incentive to justify the extra 300 dollars then it would be a no brainer.

Thanks

I don't know in usa but here when I buy from usa and it's more than 400€ Customs charge quite a bit. Specially if it goes through a fedex/dhl/ups

Hi @namgorf, saw your post and wanted to help give you some insight. I Purchased my ultimaker on july 21. At first it said the order couldn't go through, my credit card company called me 5 mins after to verify that i was making a purchase through this company. After comfirming with them i had to place a new order. The original order would not process. i saved 900.00 by purchasing through the website and not going through a US reseller. Hope this helps.

I went ahead and purchased the machine from Makershed, just to make things simple with customs and everything. thanks for all the help.