Why do I get better quality with UMO vs UM2

spiruline

Posted · Why do I get better quality with UMO vs UM2

I am printing the same part, with the same settings in my UMO and my new UM2, and I always obtain better quality with my old UM original.

I am using the same ABS in both printers, Layers are at 0.2.

I have some doubts about flow. I have tried to go about 10% above and below 100% in the UM2 to try to improve quality, but doesn't seem to improve things.

Top part is UM2:

ultimaker1.jpg

Top part is UMO in this photo:

ultimaker3.jpg

The final surface is also more glossy and rougher in the UM2 (left):

ultimaker2.jpg

Any help ?

I have never used a UMO but your temp sensors may not be reading the same temp, they can be out a few degrees so you may have to set 1 printer higher or lower then the other.

I have been using 250ºC for ABS.

I have gone down to 240ºC in the UM" and there seems to be a light improvement but the prints are still not as smooth as with UMO.

¿what temperature are you guys using with UM2?

¿any other suggestion besides temperature?

I have tried to go down to 60% in flow and the prints were very weak. I don't clearly understand how the Flow setting works. What % should it be set at?.

I think the default for ABS was 107%, why wouldn't it be 100% instead of 107%?

Posted (edited) · Why do I get better quality with UMO vs UM2

You could try lowering the acceleration/yerk settings on your um2 to make it better? I don't know how you change that on um2

Edited by Guest

flow should be at 100% but some people increase it to get better layer adhesion but you can normally leave it untouched.

On the UM2 there is a ptfe coupler that deforms if you print at high temp all the time. this causes all sorts of problems. You may want to check it.

You can replace it with the IPM coupler if you only print ABS, it can be found here or you could add this if you still want to print with PLA.

Thank you for the answers. This is a brand new UM2 with few hours of use. is it possible that the coupler has already deformed?

How can I check that? I built my UMO, but the UM2 seems more difficult to access to component.

What temperature are people using for ABS with UM2?

Any setting advise for those acceleration/yerk parameters?