Ultiboot compiled hex file for download?

dmolina

Posted · Ultiboot compiled hex file for download?

I'm wondering if someone could point me to a compiled version of daid's Ultiboot whose source is here, or give me instructions on how to compile it.

I got a board which I can't for the life of me get a firmware uploaded to it, have done the ICSP flashing on Atmega16U2 already, which went fine, but I'm stuck on Atmega's 2560 bootloader upload, which always gives me verification errors...

(./avrdude -c arduino -p m2560 -F -P /dev/tty.usbmodem204411 -U flash:w:stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f

avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA2560 is 1E 98 01

avrdude: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed

To disable this feature, specify the -D option.

avrdude: erasing chip

avrdude: reading input file "stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex"

avrdude: input file stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex auto detected as Intel Hex

avrdude: writing flash (261406 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 1.04s

avrdude: 261406 bytes of flash written

avrdude: verifying flash memory against stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex:

avrdude: load data flash data from input file stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex:

avrdude: input file stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex auto detected as Intel Hex

avrdude: input file stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex contains 261406 bytes

avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 29.28s

avrdude: verifying ...

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000

0xff != 0xa2

avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude done. Thank you.)

Yeah, I realised that too. I just wish someone could clarify where can I find the stock bootloader or how to get it going again, since I can´t see my board on any Arduino version neither in Cura and have tried everything I could think off.

Posted (edited) · Ultiboot compiled hex file for download?

That answer, although clarifying, actually details the process of burning the bootloader, not the compilation of Ultiboot or pointing to a compiled version....

As answered there, that didn't solve my particular problem, and I'd still like to hear about Ultiboot as it stands at the moment if someone knows about it...

Edited by Guest

Please explain why you want ultiboot. I dont' think you need it whatever it is. People have used plain old Arduino's with whatever boot loader they come with on the UMOs. You shouldn't ever have to mess with the bootloader and if you do, the boot loader created by the Arduino community is probably the preferred boot loader.

So if you need a boot loader for a bricked Arduino then the Arduino community is probably your best resource.

What country are you in dmolina? In USA Arduinos are very cheap - $16 includes shipping.

Well, I thought there was some special magic, something only Ultiboot would do, i.e., like an identifier to let Cura upload new firmware, etc.

I´m not using any Arduino board. I got an UM2 board I ordered from China that seems bricked, I´ve tried to upload firmware to it thru ICSP header, no go whatsoever. I have plenty of arduino´s at hand, its just that I keep receiving the verification error described in my first post.

Thanks for your interest btw.