Ulti-Evening 7 September

SandervG

Posted · Ulti-Evening 7 September

The next Ulti-Evening is coming up, with yet another educational and interactive theme.

This time we can count on @Korneel to give us a piece of his mind, and he will be talking about: Maintenance!

Through his many print-hours he got valuable insights on how to shape your Ultimaker in its best condition and make sure to keep it like that!

And together we want to share that knowledge with you!

Do you want to learn something new, or your Ultimaker is due for some love?

Bring your Ultimaker!

We will be bringing some spare parts which are available for you during the Ulti-Evening to use.

Some of the topics we will be covering:

• How to recognize your PTFE needs to be replaced
  • How to clean your Ultimaker
  • What to look for with original and alternative feeders
  • How to improve your print quality
  • What are standard errors (heated bed error, temp sensor error) and how to prevent these from happening
  • What maintenance is necessary every week

Date: 07-09-2015

Time: 17.00 - 22.00

17.00 - 18.00 Arrival (Bring your Ultimaker!) and order food (10 euro pp)

18.30 - 19.00 Presentation

19.00 - 22.00 Maintenance-time!

Will this be in English and will it be filmed?

I don't think it will be filmed, but it will be well documented and shared :)

In a write up it is much easier to follow steps and read back.

• Like 2

Since Korneel is hosting it, it will be focussed on the Ultimaker 2. But I have understood you won't be the only one with an Original, and since Marrit will also be there.. if you have any questions about your Original I am sure we can help you too!

Would be good having you over again :) If you are going to bring your Ultimaker make sure to let us know if you think it needs maintenance and in what area, so if necessary we can prepare.

Hello;

while my main focus will indeed be on the UM2, most of the things i talk about will be applicable to the UMO as well :)

• Like 1

@korneel would be nice if you could bring some of your "spring replacement tubes" think there a very good upgrade!

Posted (edited) · Ulti-Evening 7 September

Given recent progress in update UMO with HBK it might be more similar in maintenance :) But even so, I'm genuinely interested in UM2 hot end maintenance.

Other related note: Is there someone who's traveling by car from the region Rotterdam, Den Haag and in between that I might be able to hitch a ride with?

Train usually isn't the problem, but after my accident I'm not sure whether I'm comfortable carrying my printer like I usually do. In a big box.

Edited by Guest

@ultiarjan;

will certainly bring those :)

Some colleagues might go, and some travel by car.

Is it an option if I see if you can be picked up in Utrecht? (it would save you the travel with your Ultimaker). If Utrecht is not an option, I don't think we can pick you up.

I am planning in coming as well. And I will take my UMOE. Even if the subject is mostly for the UM2 as UMO user some if the things are the same.

I'll be there but dunno if I'll drag my UM2 along... it's a lot of work each time and so far I've never actually used it while there.

Some colleagues might go, and some travel by car.

Is it an option if I see if you can be picked up in Utrecht? (it would save you the travel with your Ultimaker). If Utrecht is not an option, I don't think we can pick you up.

A tempting offer. Probably I'll be able to arrive at Utrecht Zuilen by public transport without to many problems. Would that be a possibility?

Or @Blizz, from where are you driving?

If you can get to station Houten at 17:00 i'd be happy to take you to Protspace.. can't promise i can give you a ride back though..

From Belgium, obviously :p

To be honest I don't know where the station is so can't tell if I will be close or not, but I can probably come and pick you up if no one else is around. I'm not planning on sticking around very long though, really early day tomorrow so as for a ride back I also might not be the best candidate.

I'm driving from direction nijmegen. I can't give an exact time and am probably a bit late.. but I'll pm you my phone nr in case you get stuck on a station somewhere :)

@Titus, let me know where you are at what time and i'll ask around.

Don't know if we can help, but at least I could ask :)

Thanks @Korneel, @Blizz, @ultiarjan, @SandervG I managed to find an IKEA bag and with that it's a lot lighter and mostly easier to carry. I think I can handle the walk from Utrecht Zuilen. Now I just need to secure if against possible rain and my bike in Delft.

Having said that if someone happens to be near Zuilen around half past 5, a ride is always awesome ;)

@Titus I will leave here at around 16.30 and it will take me 1.5 hours without traffic, so will be hard for me I'm afraid.

No worries! I'm all set with this bag now:D

• Like 1