Problem with "one at a time" printing

x3nomorph

Posted (edited) · Problem with "one at a time" printing

Hello,

I have a problem when i want to print one model at a time. After the printer finishes one model it goes to the first layer (bottom) and destroys the model, than it switches to the next model. I had the same problem once before, but it just disappeared alone without changing anything, now I have the problem all the time.

Here is a video of the problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hodvdwjeyg8jai/MOV_1280.mp4?dl=0

And some screens of the cura settings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/apyzl00g61i8en5/1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzncx4y18r7knk0/2.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oegeapaezyenuuw/3.PNG?dl=0

I use cura 14.12.1 for a long time.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Problem with "one at a time" printing

Did you try to print it with the ´quick print profile´?.

I had at the beginning some printing issues because I´ve just switched to the ´advanced print profile´ and I got lost with so many options I was not able to understand.

The ´quick print profile´ doesn´t aloud you to control every parameter of your printing, but it simplifies the process and could helps to filter some troubles.

Your fan shroud is non-standard so you need to let Cura know this. It's very easy to do. In machine settings there are 4 numbers for distance from nozzle to each of the edges of your fan shroud. Set these up and then Cura will place your parts farther apart to avoid the fan shroud colliding with other parts.

Alternatively you can just check the check box for "all-at-once" mode which keeps moving around into different menus but in the version you have it's probably under "tools" menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I needed to finish fast the models so i just turned off the retract while combing plugin, it solved that problem.

@ignatius im printing for more than a half year and I'm always using the Advanced print profile, i need alot of the paramteres.

@gr5 hmm i didnt knew that i need to set that up in cura. yes, i use the zetoff fan shroud. But the problem is not coliding with other models, the problem is: why is the head going to layer 1 before going to the next part (model)?

all-at-once gives me worse result because there are many parts and the distance between the farest ones is big and there is alot of oozing.

The problem was in the plugin, its still sometimes there, but mostly its doing correctly.

Thanks for the answers.