Cura 15.10 Open Beta

Marrit

Posted · Cura 15.10 Open Beta

The last weeks we've been working hard on improving the new Cura 15.06. It is the foundation on which we continue to build. Today we've released an open beta version (15.10), ready for you to explore. You can download it here.

If you are interested, we would like to invite you to use this beta version and give us feedback so together we can prepare this build to be included in the full version.

We’ve included five features that were already in Cura Legacy, so you can use these in the new Cura 15.10. There are also seven entirely new features, developed in our quest to continue improving Cura. Check the release notes to find out what has changed and let us know what you think.

In addition, we want to let you know that a few features still need some fine-tuning (mostly graphical). We included them in this beta anyway, so you can already test the functionality:

• Post-Processing Plugin: Graphical layout is bare-bones, not all scripts are fully tested.
  • Support for Bed Leveling and other wizards: Graphical layout is bare-bones, not all error cases are handled correctly (but it shouldn't cause crashes).
  • Visualization of the Per-Object Settings: Graphical layout has some mistakes in it.

Throughout the testing period we will continue to develop and process the feedback. All in all you can expect improvements on these features in the upcoming weeks. We will then also have a 64-bit Windows Build available for you.

To collect all the feedback we ask you to post everything in this forum topic. We will keep a close eye on it and make sure that your feedback will reach our developers.

Thank you very much for contributing and enjoy this version of Cura!

• Replies 278
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited) · Cura 15.10 Open Beta

Aww, the new splash-screen didn't make it:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/blob/58c8157fbceeabb26d673146179f4f4b91006e48/resources/images/cura.png

Seriously though, thanks Cura team for taking on-board a lot of feedback. And thanks Ultimaker for clearly calling this what it is: an open beta. This version is going to be awesome when it hits release!

Edited by Guest

Cannot start it. Get this message:

Version: master

Platform: Linux-3.19.0-26-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-15.04-vivid

Qt: 5.4.1

PyQt: 5.4.1

Exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/cura_app.py", line 16, in

app = cura.CuraApplication.CuraApplication.getInstance()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UM/Application.py", line 273, in getInstance

Application._instance = cls()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/cura/CuraApplication.py", line 63, in __init__

super().__init__(name = "cura", version = "master")

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UM/Qt/QtApplication.py", line 79, in __init__

self._loadPlugins()

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/cura/CuraApplication.py", line 121, in _loadPlugins

raise RuntimeError("Could not load the backend plugin!")

RuntimeError: Could not load the backend plugin!

I can haz be confused :Oinsert Philosoraptor meme here:

Announces open beta 15.10, file says 15.09.80, readme says [15.10.0]

Will give it a try after my UMO is in working condition again.

edit: I was so happy the screen was back and was hoping for the option to select UMO with HBK, but something is not completely right here I guess:

[media=4937][/media]

Edited by Guest

Yeah, its the beta version that will be the 15.10 release, hence the name (it's not there yet).

Could you also try clearing your preferences files? It could be that those are messing things up as the wizard works on my system.

I see what you mean, it is the right file but I can see how that can be confusing.

It is reported and I am sure it will be synced pretty soon.

Thank you!

first impression:

first opening-select your printer --> Ultimaker Original: by default only the dual extrusion upgrade box is ticked. Should it be the opposite by default only the extruder driver upgrade?

First start: the settings do not show anything because, and this took a while to find out, there is no profile choosen. For a beginner this might be confusing because nothing seems to work.

First start: the settings do not show anything because, and this took a while to find out, there is no profile choosen. For a beginner this might be confusing because nothing seems to work.

I second this. I was puzzled and I'm not a beginner. One of the global profiles should be set as a default upon first startup.

@th3o:

Seems like there is something wrong with the packaging for Linux:

The folder

"/lib/python3/dist-packages/Arcus"

gets installed by mistake in

"/home/ahiemstra/dev/master/build/cura-build/inst/lib/python3/dist-packages/Arcus

just copy the folder "Arcus" from the wrong place to the right location and you will go

Regards Bernd

Thats a bug, should be fixed for next beta release.

Yup, noticed that. We changed a bit in the build script, this one slipped through.

I've noticed when rotating a model, the pivot point (or whatever you want to call it) is not in the center of the model. So rotating actually sinks it into the platform and it stays there.

I think I know what causes it. Shouldn't prove that hard to fix. With a little luck I can fix it monday :)

• Like 1

Hi

The latest build is awsome. all bug are fixes and I realy greatful about that.

just some minor one still exist

1. In maximized window when click on "\/" button beside the "Save to removable Drive" the pop up menu show under the window on the other it not possibly visible since it is out of screen.

2.when changing setting rapidly the slicing abroted and there is no option except restarting cura

the following output shown

file:///usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/UM/Qt/qml/UM/Settings/SettingView.qml:114:35: QML SettingItem: Binding loop detected for property "value"file:///usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/UM/Qt/qml/UM/Settings/SettingView.qml:114:35: QML SettingItem: Binding loop detected for property "value"file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of nullfile:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of nullfile:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of nullfile:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of nullfile:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of nullfile:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of nullfile:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of nullfile:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of nullfile:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of nullfile:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of nullfile:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qml:151: TypeError: Cannot read property of null2015-09-05 10:30:29,377 - WARNING - Profile has error values. Aborting slicing

4.changing say diameter parameter in material cause changing the above values say Printing Temprature in corresponding categories (Material)

this happen in all categories with integer input.

albeit changing value from top to bottom works fine

Platform: Arch Linux

Qt: 5.5

PyQt: 5.5

first impression:

first opening-select your printer --> Ultimaker Original: by default only the dual extrusion upgrade box is ticked. Should it be the opposite by default only the extruder driver upgrade?

Yes, I agree with you since all new printers have the extruder drive upgrade by default. It should be easy to change for our developers I guess ;)

Yes, I agree with you since all new printers have the extruder drive upgrade by default. It should be easy to change for our developers I guess ;)

It has already been fixed (though the fix will not be available untill the next beta is released)

@th3o:

The folder

gets installed by mistake in

"/home/ahiemstra/dev/master/build/cura-build/inst/lib/python3/dist-packages/Arcus

just copy the folder "Arcus" from the wrong place to the right location and you will go

Regards Bernd

What is the right location to copy the folder "Arcus" to?

I copied the Arcus folder there, but still this message:

Exception:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/bin/cura_app.py", line 16, in 
       app = cura.CuraApplication.CuraApplication.getInstance()
     File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UM/Application.py", line 273, in getInstance
       Application._instance = cls()
     File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/cura/CuraApplication.py", line 63, in __init__
       super().__init__(name = "cura", version = "master")
     File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/UM/Qt/QtApplication.py", line 79, in __init__
       self._loadPlugins()
     File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/cura/CuraApplication.py", line 121, in _loadPlugins
       raise RuntimeError("Could not load the backend plugin!")
    RuntimeError: Could not load the backend plugin!

I too noticed no firmware option

When I selected Ultimaker Original, Dual Extruder was checked but the Extruder upgrade (which usually is in other releases) was not.  On the good side, the notification of 'after October 2012' helps sort this out some.

I'm curious, on the first page where you select your Ultimaker, why the redundant showing of Ultimaker at the end of each?

Also, in the change log, anytime Cura is mentioned I have a euro-type symbol of text?

Edited by Guest

I managed to get the post processor working but it doesn't seem to work the way that I imagine it should.

There is a list to the right that you can add post processors into, I would expect that anything that is added to the list would be automatically run every time the gcode is generated. This doesn't seem to be happening, also, when you restart Cura, any post processors added to the list on the right are no longer there. This is the mode that I need to operate in so that I can set and forget my post processor.

The way that I got it to work was to add the post processor to the list on the right and click execute. But this is a pain to have to do this every time.

I think that if you want to run a once off post processor, just select it on the left and click execute.

I managed to get the post processor working but it doesn't seem to work the way that I imagine it should.

Fair point. I made it mostly because adding an execute button is more easy. Could you create an issue on github about this?

@LePaul;

The weird symbols are encoding errors. Also fixed that for next release.

Nevermind about the issue. I already fixed it. It's going to be in the next release.

• Like 1