Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
cloakfiend

Doing a big job, need spares, what would you recommend?

Seeing as i've just started a massive job, I've already ran into many issues for the first time with this printer, maybe due to new faulty parts, i don't really know as i treat the printer very well, I was just wandering what spare parts it would be wise to have just incase they fail or are likely to fail, or may be damaged due to slighly rough handling or wear or any other unknown issues?

I'd rather have something and not need it right away than need it and not have it. I thknk the olsen block thing makes sense as well due to me not wanting to do a stupid amount of atomic pulls when the print feeder or head goes wrong on 60 hrs+ prints.

Edited by Guest

I'd love to hear from the people who have been printing for at least a year, as the first year for me went pretty smooth until the PFTE died. Now my problems are beginning. Not sure if my bowden tube will die also as i donteven need to take the blue clip out when i remove it? I have a feeling that will die, but have no idea what ill need if it does? It will mean i wont be able to do retractions anymore if it does go i pray it doesnt as it if does....i guess ill need a complete new head unit.

I'd get a couple of PTFEs and a nozzle (the nozzle lasts a long time) or grab an Olsson-kit so you can quickly swap nozzles/nozzle sizes. If you're going to change the nozzle a PT100 can be a good thing to have as it's fairly easy to break it when you pull it out of the old block (be careful and if you can get a hint of the casing out, use some sharp side cutters to gently pry it out rather than pulling more on the wire).

As for the bowden. Yeah, I guess it can get scratched up a bit on the inside but... meh, I don't think it's a huge deal. To get the grip back on the white coupler, just cut off 1cm of the bowden to give it a fresh part to bite into and you'll be fine.

Edited by Guest