Nothing is sticking! Even PLA!

lukem96

Posted · Nothing is sticking! Even PLA!

Hahahah - some of us love the UMO and do not use tape! - I have had the HB upgrade in a box for 6 months and have not yet installed it because I don't need to (it is for using XT) and I print accurate PLA rints across the whole width of my buildplate with no problems.

Agree blue tape is more maintenance - I have it on my original platform if I need it, and 3mm glass on top of that - with a small 3mm 'fooler' for the limit switch - so swapping from one to the other is a 10 sec job, as is swapping out glass build plates when I want to re-coat with PVA (once in a blue moon) - If I had the money for a UM2 I would buy 2 UMOs :) - filament feed - what is that - I have hands and a great big gear wheel!, and a feeder that just pulls whatever I throw in it, including ninjaflex, nylon - high temps don't deform the extruder etc - oh, and interchangeable nozzles (which I do weekly) and dual extrusion ...... but this is not a pissing contest :). So the UM2 was a big leap forward in some respects, and back in others. The great thing is that the machines address the needs of different user groups, and UM is fantastic for still supporting them both ... unlike takerbot.

No disrespect its just that i was forced into using one and have no time to finish my job and the folks who set it up(i dont want to say who ) seem like amateurs and i am now just panicing about not getting my job finished, due to me predicting it wont print correctly. I know the printer itself is great, but when you are in a hurry, going from wood and tape to plastic and glass, and expecting the same quality just worries me. If i had time to experiment im sure id say differentlyand if im honest again, id say the nozzle seems to works better on the umo than the um2 seems more robust and i like the way the temp seems to be more steady and not always want to cool downlike the um2 does which causes most of the jams for me. Maybe i just need to buy a new nozzle, but with no time , i just cant. Im stressing and panicing, i dont mean to diss anyones umo, they seemsolid but overcomplicated having used a um2.

If you let me know earlier i would have asked you for sure! But im now just rushing through jobs only printing high rez fronts and printing the backs in low rez as i wont see much of them anyways. If in the next week ill need help ill be in touch for sure! Thanks, and as ive already mentioned regarding the topic of the thread i highly recommend pritt stick power glue on the glass/plate bed (not regular pritt stick!). It lasts ages and doenst tear and leaves a smooth bottom and is not too bad to remove the objects.