African 3D printing service using Ultimaker.

kelechi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · African 3D printing service using Ultimaker.

The atomic method worked like magic! I have also read up on the olsson block as you suggested @stu_le_brew I will oreder it immediately. My only problem is shipping. Why does everybody in Europe use DHL and UPS, these are too expensive for us here. I will order spare parts and the olsson addon once I sort out shipping.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · African 3D printing service using Ultimaker.

Here in Europe stuff shipped from @Swordriff at http://3dsolex.com/ is generally shipped by post so its very fast and so far for me 100% reliable.

This contrasts greatly with my poor experiences from Ultimaker (and others) using big commercial carriers like DHL and UPS

Love your architectural model of a house too

Edited by Guest

• 5 weeks later...

Hello friends,

its been along time. Its been a lot of challenge marketing 3D printing in Africa as the awareness is still very low.

Please I would like to get in touch with Ultimaker HQ, who do I write to and how to do I reach out. I got an invite to a south African 3D printing event next year and I intend meeting ulti maker there to develop a partnership to sell the ultimaker printers here in Africa.

How do I get the proper person to contact? Thanks.

Edited by Guest

lol, sounds like I'm a dealer :p

@Kelechi, if you look at Nallath and my name you'll see 'Team Ultimaker'.

This is an indication that we are Ultimaker employees.

Anyway, if you want to apply as a reseller you can do that through this form. (it can be found on the Reseller page).

Good luck!

@SandervG, I have sent the mail. Kindly revert.

Good day friends,

Whenever I resume a print job after a pause the layer shifts, what could the problem be? I do not shift or disturb the hot glass. How do I solve this problem? Thanks.

Do you move the printhead?

@shurik, no I don't

Greetings kelechi, it is with a happy heart that I greet you!  I have been wanting to establish communications with someone in Africa for charity purposes.

I volunteer at two places, one of which is all about making clean water for people who need it.  To that end we have developed two methods of cleaning water and are working on more as well.  I am hoping to establish an outlet for our technologies that involves a 3D printer located in Africa.  

If you are interested in running off a few simple prints with the possibility of helping people clean their water supply, please reply in this thread or contact me via email (deltamodulator(at)gmail(dot)com).

Les

Make history!

Edited by Guest

The printer that I have (https://www.3dprintmanual.com/product/hictop-prusa-i3/) can pretty much make anything, but I'm looking for something that can do more detail. Do you have any suggestions? I don't mind using an ultimaker... how do I get involved in the African market?

I have the 3D Multimaker printer since November last year! Its can make anything and not a single problem with my printer. A few days ago I have replaced the home switch brackets for the laser. Now its working like new. :)